+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The first thing I would do is ditch the 2 sitting midfielders in front of the back four. Put a formation on the park that is attacking and stop sticking Rooney a mile up front on his own.
    Tell me again what year we bet Celtic at Celtic Park and who was their manager? Also remind me how we have faired against Celtic home and away under their new manager whilst we have deployed our sit in and counter tactic?
    Like I have said before...I am not the manager of Aberdeen but I could certainly at worst equal McInnes and his points total the last season and this against them.
    Scottish Cup, 2014.
    Derek McInnes was the manager in a 2-1 win at Celtic Park

As for your first point.
    DM has tried a number of tactics against Celtic, including having 2 up front.
    It worked for about 5 minutes this year at Home until Rogers altered their formation to counter it.
    We are not a hammer thrower of a team and do not have the height / muscle to lump it high and long most of the game which other teams get success with.

The fact is, our best chance is to defend resolutely and hit on the counter at pace.
    You don’t like this tactic, but it is the best opportunity.
    We simply are not good enough to go toe to toe with them.

For all your negativity though, you’ve not answered Getintaethem’s question on what tactic you would suggest to beat them at Celtic Park

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Scottish Cup, 2014.

As for your first point.
    It worked for about 5 minutes this year at Home until Rogers altered their formation to counter it.
    We are not a hammer thrower of a team and do not have the height / muscle to lump it high and long most of the game which other teams get success with.

The fact is, our best chance is to defend resolutely and hit on the counter at pace.

For all your negativity though, you’ve not answered Getintaethem’s question on what tactic you would suggest to beat them at Celtic Park
    Who was their manager I asked?...it wasn’t Rodgers and that is my point. We should move with the times (Aberdeen FC) and try a different tactic that Rodgers finds the most difficult to deal with. By sitting in and counter attack is the one system he finds playing against Scottish teams and definitely us the easiest to play against as his record has shown.
    Scoring more goals than the opposition wins you matches and since we play in league that isn’t blessed with the best defenders (ourselves included) then how about having a right good go at attacking them.
    This brutal system of 4-2-3-1 in this country generally is negative as teams like ourselves tend to need defensive players doing attacking work. As said previously on the board before the formation suits our manager and not the players.
    It’s his job to make us score goals against ALL teams in the league to win matches not mine. To win anything we will more than likely have to beat Celtic along the way.
    If we don’t have good enough players to defend then the manager takes the blame as he has had plenty time to get it better...but if we don’t also have the players to attack well either then what does that say about him?

Who was their manager I asked?...it wasn’t Rodgers and that is my point. We should move with the times (Aberdeen FC) and try a different tactic that Rodgers finds the most difficult to deal with. By sitting in and counter attack is the one system he finds playing against Scottish teams and definitely us the easiest to play against as his record has shown.
    Scoring more goals than the opposition wins you matches and since we play in league that isn’t blessed with the best defenders (ourselves included) then how about having a right good go at attacking them.
    This brutal system of 4-2-3-1 in this country generally is negative as teams like ourselves tend to need defensive players doing attacking work. As said previously on the board before the formation suits our manager and not the players.
    It’s his job to make us score goals against ALL teams in the league to win matches not mine. To win anything we will more than likely have to beat Celtic along the way.
    If we don’t have good enough players to defend then the manager takes the blame as he has had plenty time to get it better...but if we don’t also have the players to attack well either then what does that say about him?
    why so angry?

You keep saying what you don't like but you do not have a clue what system would work against Celtic.

Celtic have 6 times more revenue than Aberdeen but it is his fault we do not have good enough defenders to compete against their more talented players? Why oh why he has not just signed the full Man City defence is beyond me.

Again you skirt the question as to how Aberdeen should play against Celtic at Celtic Park.
    With regards to Rodgers, seeing as you are obsessed with him above, which managers have beaten him domestically at Celtic Park?

DM has tried a number of different tactics against Rodgers whenever they have met, Rodgers has been able to adjust to whatever tactic attempted.
    He has more resources and arguably more experience. He’s arguably a better manager than DM

Nevertheless, the game is past and we should look forward to the next game.

Scottish Cup, 2014.

As for your first point.

You're wasting your time arguing with the haters. Waste of time period. All you hear is Hearts beat Celtic, blah blah blah. First loss in 69 games. No mention of the fact that McInnes has set up teams to beat Hearts, no mention of the fact that McInnes had Aberdeen comfortably ahead of Hearts.

Half wits to a tee. Using their analogy we must be a better team than Celtic as we've managed to beat Hearts, the slayers of the mighty Celtic.

Drone drone drone from the usual suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    why so angry?

You keep saying what you don't like but you do not have a clue what system would work against Celtic.

Celtic have 6 times more revenue than Aberdeen but it is his fault we do not have good enough defenders to compete against their more talented players? Why oh why he has not just signed the full Man City defence is beyond me.
    Who is angry?

As explained earlier we need to play an attacking system. Not a system that he currently uses that requires defensive players doing a big chunk of the attacking. I would have 4 defenders in the team and their job is kept simple by being asked to defend. The other 6 (yes SIX) players players would have the chance to take the game to Celtic and attack them at will. A 4-3-3, 4-4-2 etc would suit our players better. Getting the ball forward would be a priority and having shots a goal would be a treat for all you paying punters.
    I might not be Aberdeen manager but I can guarantee you a couple of things against Rodgers and Celtic...I will at the very worst equal McInnes and his record against Rodgers and secondly I may even better the last game where we had 1 shot ( yes ONE) on target.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    You're wasting your time arguing with the haters. Waste of time period. All you hear is Hearts beat Celtic, blah blah blah. First loss in 69 games. No mention of the fact that McInnes has set up teams to beat Hearts, no mention of the fact that McInnes had Aberdeen comfortably ahead of Hearts.

Half wits to a tee. Using their analogy we must be a better team than Celtic as we've managed to beat Hearts, the slayers of the mighty Celtic.

Drone drone drone from the usual suspects.
    You might well disagree with what myself and other posters say but remember it is just an opinion.
    You are sounding like a politician trying to save their ailing leader when you fine well know that they are struggling dealing with adversity.
    Who questioned his outstanding record against Hearts? Give me his stats against them this season and during the last couple of seasons if you must if it makes you feel better. In fact go the full hog and give me his stats against Hearts during his tenure here to date?
    I look forward to seeing his impressive record.

DM has tried a number of different tactics against Rodgers whenever they have met, Rodgers has been able to adjust to whatever tactic attempted.
    He has more resources and arguably more experience. He’s arguably a better manager than DM

Nevertheless, the game is past and we should look forward to the next game.
    A number of different tactics? Sitting in deep defending is only a defensive tactic no matter how you butter it up.
    Hollywood teeth is a better manager that is not even an argument (unfortunately for us).
    You yourself say Rodgers has been able to adjust to whatever tactic that McInnes has attempted ...I certainly don’t recall us going to Celtic Park and having a go. Unfortunately Del just knows he hasn’t the ability or belief to get the better of Rodgers in these matches.

Only here could you get shot down for dreaming that your team could be a bit more competitive with the team one place above you in the league. Accused of being negative for hoping for more. Does the negativity not come more from those willing to settle for never being anywhere near the mighty Celtic?

Groundhog day every day on here at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Only here could you get shot down for dreaming that your team could be a bit more competitive with the team one place above you in the league. Accused of being negative for hoping for more. Does the negativity not come more from those willing to settle for never being anywhere near the mighty Celtic?

Groundhog day every day on here at the moment
    And they call us negative for wanting more.
    I would laugh but my face would crack!

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast