+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Donald Trump's Big Red 'Button'

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    This isn't the beginning of a bi-partisan circle jerk is it?
    Ahah! If it does we'll have Tarkers on our backs, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    No no, don't apologise. To be honest I'm already quite impressed that you've started to judge a person's intelligence from their vocabulary, and not by other criteria like nobbing lots of women back in the good old days, being old, or...ah no actually being old still is one isn't it?

Anyway getting back to our original exchange, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the share of governments' tax incomes being paid by low earners since neoliberal economics came to the fore.
    No problem boy, I say it as it is. Firstly " Nobbing women " - very poor use of words and shows inexperience of same. The verb 'Shag' is the operative word to use without using the crude 'F' word. Being old is still pretty good actually and I've made it .... you've still to get there no doubt.

"Neoliberal Economics" ffs ... I haven't a clue what you're on about. Probably makes for interesting discussion amongst the half pint
    academics of today who are skint. I'm a simple country boy Driller who was given the chance to sell things and was lucky to succeed.
    Likewise I've been a simpleton for the past 70 years following the 'Pies from early childhood - but that's leisure.

So sorry son, I can't answer your question because I have no opinion on something I'm not interested in. To me, you work hard .. you make good money and you pay the required tax. No problem, no frills. If you can't make money with one outfit, you move on. You only make money in three ways. (1) You earn it (2) you steal it (3) You win or inherit it. That's the way it is young man whether you like it or not. Some will win some will lose in life.

On a slight slant I'm looking at a book I've just got out the cabinet but not read. It's a 6th edition of "The American Civilisation - an Introduction". The book was given to me by one of the co authors who is also the author of "British Civilization" now in it's 7th edition. This guy was in my class at school and I met him again after many years, last year. This bloke is a true academic and naturally LW in his views, always wanting to make the world a more caring place but does sod all to help - only whinge about the unfairness of the world. The guy's obviously very clever (Sid may know him !!) as he's formerly an Associate Professor in English at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. So my point once again Driller is this. The world is full of failed academics who simply talk and do nothing. The ordinary guy with enough guts and perseverance to make good will prosper - but I doubt you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    To me, you work hard .. you make good money and you pay the required tax.
    And despite saying that, you still don't see a problem with the Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by TouchEm View Post
    What’s your problem with people’s ages and your arrogance ie being more experienced and intelligent
    Don't get 'Touchy' youth. No arrogance in what I said. I'm a self confessed ignoramus by the way but certainly more experienced in life I would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    No problem boy, I say it as it is. Firstly " Nobbing women " - very poor use of words and shows inexperience of same. The verb 'Shag' is the operative word to use without using the crude 'F' word. Being old is still pretty good actually and I've made it .... you've still to get there no doubt.

"Neoliberal Economics" ffs ... I haven't a clue what you're on about. Probably makes for interesting discussion amongst the half pint
    academics of today who are skint. I'm a simple country boy Driller who was given the chance to sell things and was lucky to succeed.
    Likewise I've been a simpleton for the past 70 years following the 'Pies from early childhood - but that's leisure.

So sorry son, I can't answer your question because I have no opinion on something I'm not interested in. To me, you work hard .. you make good money and you pay the required tax. No problem, no frills. If you can't make money with one outfit, you move on. You only make money in three ways. (1) You earn it (2) you steal it (3) You win or inherit it. That's the way it is young man whether you like it or not. Some will win some will lose in life.

On a slight slant I'm looking at a book I've just got out the cabinet but not read. It's a 6th edition of "The American Civilisation - an Introduction". The book was given to me by one of the co authors who is also the author of "British Civilization" now in it's 7th edition. This guy was in my class at school and I met him again after many years, last year. This bloke is a true academic and naturally LW in his views, always wanting to make the world a more caring place but does sod all to help - only whinge about the unfairness of the world. The guy's obviously very clever (Sid may know him !!) as he's formerly an Associate Professor in English at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. So my point once again Driller is this. The world is full of failed academics who simply talk and do nothing. The ordinary guy with enough guts and perseverance to make good will prosper - but I doubt you'll understand.
    That's a fascinating insight into the man behind the legend that is Serious Pie, and it's not easy to call people stupid on every other post and then admit you don't know much yourself, but I think you pulled it off.

I'm feeling so inspired I might change career and start earning money by persuading people to pay for things they don't want or need. Maybe one day I too will be able to afford a wife who pretends to love me in public in exchange for money?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    That's a fascinating insight into the man behind the legend that is Serious Pie, and it's not easy to call people stupid on every other post and then admit you don't know much yourself, but I think you pulled it off.

I'm feeling so inspired I might change career and start earning money by persuading people to pay for things they don't want or need. Maybe one day I too will be able to afford a wife who pretends to love me in public in exchange for money?

Donald Trump.the gift from heaven, get in.....

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Donald Trump.the gift from heaven, get in.....
    Fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And despite saying that, you still don't see a problem with the Tories!
    Not at all - the same principle would apply in my case whosoever was in power. Is the statement true or false?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Fake news.

From Momentum it is.....

[QUOTE=seriouspie;38754212]Don't get 'Touchy' youth. No arrogance in what I said. I'm a self confessed ignoramus by the way but certainly more experienced in life I would suggest.[/QUOTE

That I doubt very much. Want to think again seriously arrogant one

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast