+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 280 of 560 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

It's my opinion that Kingsford, in a more open environment with the AWPR in place will allow quicker egress than the congested, bus laned, traffic light scenario we have at Pittodrie

So you are mystic meg then, not Gallus as i thought initially.....

Based on no facts whatsoever, just your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    So you are mystic meg then, not Gallus as i thought initially.....

Based on no facts whatsoever, just your opinion.
    LOL, so anyone with an opinion is Mystic Meg.
    Good een.

There are facts that have formed my opinion.

The fact of actually seeing and driving in the traffic after the game, often still congestion more than an hour after the game finishes.
    The fact of bus lanes restricting the traffic.
    The fact of traffic lights restricting the flow of traffic, impacted by supporters walking beyond the congestion points.
    The fact the AWPR will be in place allowing closer and quicker egress to the North and South.

Do you just opt to ignore these facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    This has got to be the first time I've heard King street being described as an escape route. As for the harbour, our bus takes half an hour getting through there and that's on a good day! Surely you could get on a supporters bus from Ellon/Oldmeldrum? or even drive to a point where you could get picked up by one. That's what i and many others have to do currently.
    As I've said, when I do drive I have never had a problem getting down King Street in the car if heading to Ellon. I have also never had a problem getting to the west of the city to get out to Dyce and on to Meldrum whether up Hutcheon St or down George St toward St Machar. Always manage to park in Froghall

My day at Pittodrie isn't just travel to game then travel home though. Its a day out more often than not. Its the only time I go out for a drink due to my personal and work commitments. A supporters bus will not be the answer. Will it take me to a pub for 12? Will it wait until 8-9 oclock for me. Will it take me there in time to sell TRF when needed. No it wont. Its two busses. That is the only way I can carry on the usual day out at the fitba and to be honest that's a nightmare as the bus to Aberdeen from Meldrum is a over an hour as it is. Its a lot of travel time when you add in a second bus and do it again after. I cant see a season ticket lasting out there

I get the train most of the time. I can walk to Pittodrie and grab a pint, something to eat or whatever on the way. The same as a lot of people do along with people who get the bus. I suppose I could do the same to Westhill. Oh wait a minute.

Don't know why im worrying. Its nae going to happen

Good een.

The fact of actually seeing and driving in the traffic after the game, often still congestion more than an hour after the game finishes.
    The fact of traffic lights restricting the flow of traffic, impacted by supporters walking beyond the congestion points.
    The fact the AWPR will be in place allowing closer and quicker egress to the North and South.

How much traffic is the Masonic Milne Bowl going to generate? You do not know so you have absolutely no basis to form an opinion. The f@cking place hasn't been given the green light let alone started yet you are in the know

Good een.

You have no idea how driving after the game at Kingsford will be. Nobody does. It has one road in and one road out so far on the plans.
    The Bus lanes surely help people who travel by supporters bus to leave earlier?
    Imagine those pesky fans walking to the ground, how dare they? Least you wont need to worry about that walking along a busy dual carriageway.
    Having the AWPR in place is great, but as stated at the top, if you only have one road out and in, doesn't matter if you have a 10 lane bypass, its still going to be fun coming and going.

Do you just opt to ignore the downsides?

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post

Do you just opt to ignore the downsides?
    Nailed it

The stadium should be in the city, and don't go moving signposts and pretending a field in the middle of nowhere is technically in the city.

Aberdeen Football Club should play in Aberdeen.

Now, if you live in a field in the middle of nowhere and want to support the mighty Dons then you are more than welcome.
    Come to the city, make a day of it.

But don't expect us to move to a field.
    Start your own f'uckin football team.

We are lucky to have our ground in the middle of the city

Some grounds I have been to are f@cking miles away and a bit of a c@nt to get too (usually catered for at the ground with more than a solitary bar I might add). But even older grounds like De Kuip, and Ernst Happel. Pittodrie is an ideal location. Im not saying to stay there but I am saying the club did not look into anything but having everything in one place. Which was not imperative but they made it out to be hence why we are potentially heading to a non fan friendly location

No research has gone into the cons of miles away grounds by the club,astounding considering we are poorly supported in the first place. We cant afford for our crowds to potentially drop further. But I suppose who care about the fans. Its all about Milnes golden goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    How much traffic is the Masonic Milne Bowl going to generate? You do not know so you have absolutely no basis to form an opinion. The f@cking place hasn't been given the green light let alone started yet you are in the know
    Of course I can have a basis to form an opinion.
    Just as the Councillors are going to make an opinion based on the information available.

I envisage that there will be more road traffic at Kingsford than there is currently at Pittodrie, for all the downside reasons you guys only focus on. However, I can also see that the infrastructure will be far better suited to allow better flow of traffic away from the ground.

The AWPR will provide a dual carriageway flow around the city, to the north and south.
    If the access to the Kingwsells junction is heavily impacted, there would still be the many country rat runs to the next junction.
    It will be far quicker to get anywhere in the shire and also to most suburbs than it does from Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    No research has gone into the cons of miles away grounds by the club,astounding considering we are poorly supported in the first place. We cant afford for our crowds to potentially drop further. But I suppose who care about the fans. Its all about Milnes golden goodbye
    This with fvcking bells on it.......
    I cant remember during the last few years of buying a season ticket, did anyone actually approach me and ask me what I want in a stadium and where it should be.
    Now granted, I am only one person, but, if they actually gave a fvck, they might just do this, you know, to gauge opinion.

Thing is, they don't care one jot about us. We are told to pay our money and the board will move OUR club to wherever the fvck they want to, as long as its a nice cheap deal for them.

We are then all expected to just get behind it.

Well, unlike Gallus and his like, I personally am not behind Aurora, and would rather we asked the people who have kept the club going for the past 115 years, what they actually wanted.

Page 280 of 560 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast