+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bid in for midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Blimey. This site never ceases to amaze me. Some posters take 'glass half empty' to a new level.

Do you have such short memories? Consider the history of this club before Tony Stewart took it on. Playing in a dilapidated Millmoor with the most common topic of conversation being speculation about whether the club would fold. Can somebody remind me how many sets of point deductions we faced?

Under Stewart, we have moved to a modern stadium of which we can be proud, are financially stable and have had back to back promotions and a three year run in the Championship. Yes, last season was an utter shambles, but the position has been turned around (despite predictions from some of you of back to back relegations) to the point where we are in shouting distance of a play off place.

And still you moan and wail...

If you want to support a club for which money is no object, it's just a short hop over The Pennines to Manchester City. Or, if you don't want to travel that far, try Hillsborough - they splash the cash every now and then (how is that working out for them?).
    Some people always want to look back and say we must have endless sycophantic gratitude.
    Others are grateful for what TS has done to date but want to look forward and ask what are the ambitions of the club?
    Nothing wrong with that surely.

Yes cheer up a bit boys ! Use all your energy At Oldham and bring us back three points please !!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Some people always want to look back and say we must have endless sycophantic gratitude.
    Others are grateful for what TS has done to date but want to look forward and ask what are the ambitions of the club?
    Nothing wrong with that surely.
    No nothing wrong with questioning where the clubs going but if you have an opinion shouldn’t you exsplain why you think the way you do? Instead of typing a short negative sentence about the teams finances the players or manager with no train of thought?

Some people just speak so much BS they can’t see past the end of their own **** pile

We need a left sided midfielder/winger. Only got Newell. He's gone. Centre back, might need 2 if Wood goes. Still think we need a keeper. Price can go along with Bray & Newell. Summer sort rest of squad out.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Blimey. This site never ceases to amaze me. Some posters take 'glass half empty' to a new level.

Do you have such short memories? Consider the history of this club before Tony Stewart took it on. Playing in a dilapidated Millmoor with the most common topic of conversation being speculation about whether the club would fold. Can somebody remind me how many sets of point deductions we faced?

Under Stewart, we have moved to a modern stadium of which we can be proud, are financially stable and have had back to back promotions and a three year run in the Championship. Yes, last season was an utter shambles, but the position has been turned around (despite predictions from some of you of back to back relegations) to the point where we are in shouting distance of a play off place.

And still you moan and wail...

If you want to support a club for which money is no object, it's just a short hop over The Pennines to Manchester City. Or, if you don't want to travel that far, try Hillsborough - they splash the cash every now and then (how is that working out for them?).
    I once had a great pair of boots that got a hole in them but I kept wearing them because they reminded me where I'd been. I'll not moan about the hole because I'm grateful for the boots. Neither will I moan that the stitching has come undone because they were made by the best cobbler in the world so I should be grateful because he didn't have to make them he just chose to do them. I daren't ask for him to repair the boots as I may be sounding ungrateful. Maybe he'll stick a plaster over the hole and then everything will be well again because the best cobbler did it and I must toff my cap every time his name is mentioned!
    Last edited by frogmiller; 13-01-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I once had a great pair of boots that got a hole in them but I kept wearing them because they reminded me where I'd been. I'll not moan about the hole because I'm grateful for the boots. Neither will I moan that the stitching has come undone because they were made by the best cobbler in the world so I should be grateful because he didn't have to make them he just chose to do them. I daren't ask for him to repair the boots as I may be sounding ungrateful. Maybe he'll stick a plaster over the hole and then everything will be well again because the best cobbler did it and I must toff my cap every time his name is mentioned!
    My thoughts exactly Frog.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    My thoughts exactly Frog.
    Mine too and well said the pair of you

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

Best post this year, at last truth being said, well spoken Frogmiller.

Here here 👍

So what’s the point your trying to get across Frog ?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast