+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Every player has a price as they say....much do we as fans value him and what do you think the club would accept? I want £2m club will accept £500,000.
    Every player has a price and all that but it would be nice to keep him for a few years before he buggers off to guff land.

If he keeps improving like he is doing he will get better clubs than Hull coming in for him.

Bit out of the blue this one... can't see it happening though...

1. He's on a long term contract - we have no need to sell him.
    2. He's getting better all the time - if we are going to cash in we'll get a lot more in a year or so time.
    3. He's our best central defender at the moment and McInnes will probably want to build the defence around him over the next few years
    4. He seems pretty sensible and has aspirations of playing for Scotland - he'll have seen 9 out of 10 players who go down south too soon failing and effectively wasting their careers.

He will not go to Hull.

Not quite sure how the lad clicked from being left out of an Ayr United relegation threatened squad, into one of our mainstays in defence. It just sometimes takes getting one break to make the grade, and McKenna has certainly grasped his chance and is not letting go.

I do think he will leave in the next 18 months however to the championship. By this time though, he will be a Scottish International and have a price tag of £3m plus add-ons.

Fantastic news. whats the cash offer? no figure given! really need a couple of good young ones who we can shift down the line for multi million fees, but it is never the case with Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Fantastic news. whats the cash offer? no figure given! really need a couple of good young ones who we can shift down the line for multi million fees, but it is never the case with Aberdeen.
    We will go through purple patches bringing through young players and this seems to be our purple patches just now. I'm all for selling them if they don't rip the **** out of us.

If we do sell him, there should be a sell on clause.

I've been impressed with the lad.

Limited ability but he does what he does and he does it well.

All I'm looking for from a centre half to be honest.

I would imagine if Hull were to make a bid it would be around the 500k region.Its very unusual for English clubs to come up with multi million pound offers to Scottish clubs because they see us as a bargain basement.

I would like to think we would tell them where to go with a cheap offer like that.
    Last edited by rico94; 13-01-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would imagine if Hull were to make a bid it would be around the 500k region.Its very unusual for English clubs to come up with multi million pound offers to Scottish clubs because they see us as a bargain basement.

I would like to think we would tell them where to go with a cheap offer like that.
    £500K? With 3 years left on his contract?

Cheapskate Yorkshire bas*ards.

£5m, or fcuk right off. We don't need to accept anything less

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    £500K? With 3 years left on his contract?

Cheapskate Yorkshire bas*ards.

£5m, or fcuk right off. We don't need to accept anything less
    I agree with you I wouldn’t accept anything like 500k.

I might be wrong of course and Hull will come in with a 3 million pound offer,but I would have thought if they had that sort of cash to spend on a defender they would go for someone with a bit more experience than a 20 year old who has played less than 20 games for us.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast