Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
Truly a blue Monday. The word Legend is so overused these days but not in this case.

My local pub in the Worcestershire village where I live hosted a charity evening in aid of leukaemia on 30th October just gone with TP, Cyrille and Pat Murphy in attendance. I can only echo the comments already made that he was a truly nice, decent and modest bloke who seemed to genuinely enjoy being in the company of fellow Baggies and being able to support a good cause. It was interesting to see so many people all like star struck kids when meeting him such is the high regard he was held in. A mate of mine remarked that his persona is everything that some of the current Premier League star names could only dream of being. RIP Cyrille. Thanks for the memories.

Always so refreshing that Cyrille was always first and foremost a "former Albion player" and proud of his past whereas others like his very pale shadow Don Goodman seem to want to erase Albion from their mind and their Wikipedia page.

Cyrille was always one of our own who just happened to play ( with distinction ) for Coventry,Wolves and Villa and was held in high esteem by ALL of his former clubs.

A class act in AL, respects.