+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matt Palmer joins Millers

I hope that he does well for us, but he's not really a replacement for Frecklington, as he doesn't score very often. More like a replacement for Towell or Potter?

Yep. think more a young Potter I would say Mike by the sounds of it. Don't think he will be ghosting into that penalty box to score goals like Frecks. I would imagine, if he is playing with Towell, that that might free Towell up to play the Frecks role who has more an eye for goal perhaps.

It’s how you use a player, Smith didn’t come with a glowing reference but he seems to have started well

Exactly nailed it on the head millertop, Warne will develop him into the player he needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by block5upper View Post
    Exactly nailed it on the head millertop, Warne will develop him into the player he needs to be.
    Yes I’ve had my doubts about the coaching staff but they seem to have started proving me wrong, keep it up and I’ll gladly eat the whole humble pie

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    He's got Frecks shirt,you have some big boots there to fill Matt,welcome to NYS.
    so long as they don,t come with splints and bandages!.

OMG! WTF is going on at our club? This is a quality signing and whoever got this move done deserves some respect from us here at Rotherham.

Really happy right now.

I accept that you can tinker with a players playing style gents but you can't totally change it plus the danger is you may spread his talent too thin and weaken his basic talents.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I accept that you can tinker with a players playing style gents but you can't totally change it plus the danger is you may spread his talent too thin and weaken his basic talents.
    I mean to his ability Roly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234