+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agreed deal for Slimani

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I´m reading that Slimani´s injury isn´t that bad and he may make the team for Palace.
    Now reported in Algerian press that he has failed his medical... Not the most reliable of sources but I hope its wrong or were f******.
    The cynic in me thinks its got something to do with Mitro's cancelled move.Couldnt make it up if true... another kick in the b****** for the best club & fans in the world.

Even if we get him will he ever get a game in preference to Rafa's star man Joselu?

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    Even if we get him will he ever get a game in preference to Rafa's star man Joselu?
    Yup.

Apperently he might have failed medical but all Newcastle and Leicester sources say deal is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    is he
    how is rafa going to get the bal to him

how many of those 10 games he can play will rafa actually play him

and if we are going for a crock
    why not go for the 5th rate lad from abroad
    Well seeing that at half time at Stamford Bridge,we had about 5 shots on target and failed to score.
    I think getting the ball to him shouldn't prove that much of a problem.

Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez, after his side's 1-1 draw with Burnley, on the prospect of Islam Slimani joining: "We still have time, I cannot say too much.

"We will see what happens. We are talking about different players. You'll maybe have to wait a couple of hours before you have all the information."

FFs

Seeing people saying the deal has been confirmed.

I've not seen anything on BBC or Chronicle feed though.

Slimani announcement imminent
    It’s done, as Lee Ryder tweeted earlier.

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter

Sky Sports News

@SkySportsNews
    BREAKING: Striker Islam Slimani has joined @NUFC on loan from @LCFC. #DeadlineDay #SSN

10:33 PM - Jan 31, 2018

Well that is positive.

just been confirmed on sky

Maybe they´re reporting he failed the medical because he´s injured? Just a thought, like.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)