+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent form

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Probably not, no.

But we're behind Accrington in the league, who average crowds of 1,600 - 4 times less than us.

We were in a great position not too long ago, 7 points clear of 3rd place, I think the negative reactions are actually quite reserved.
    Yeah I know what you mean. It's a strange one in that I expected the wheel to come off, but now it has it still feels a bit hard to believe. I mean I said months back when we had clear daylight between us and the playoff spots that we are more likely to finish 8th or below than we are to get automatic. But yeah, still gutting to watch it unravel in slow motion.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Apart from a few month at the start of the season, we've never really looked like a promotion-chasing side. We've always been a couple of games away from being found out, and now it's finally happened we all feel pretty pissed off. But none of us expected promotion this season, did we? To be honest, it's looking unlikely we'll even make the playoffs at this rate.

I just hope the whole thing doesn't completely blow up. If we finish midtable this season, it would be pretty hard to take, but it's still an improvement on last season. And who knows, if we have a good summer we can make a more sustained promotion push next season.
    It is AH who's been pushing us as a promotion, top 3 side with a season of consolidation in League 1 then go for the Championship. He's the one on TV playing it cool as he puts what I see unnecessary pressure on his manager and the players. He's the one who shed a tear when he signed the Liverpool "box to box" midfielder destined to be a leg end, sorry, legend.

It is AH who's said he's delivered on his transfer window signings as putting us in better shape than we were for the first half of the season:

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Jan 31

Alan Hardy Retweeted Chris Jordan

Absolutely delighted with both additions today. And with Noble, Husin and Virtue as well, we have 5 fantastic new signings. I promised our squad tonight would be stronger than New Year’s Day and believe I’ve delivered on that. #coyp

I've said more than once that a good mid-table finish would be massive progress with a complete season starting and ending with the same manager. If AH had supported Notts as long as many of us have he would be just a bit more measured and that is my problem with the man.

With what we've got now if we go up we'll come straight down without some serious spending.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Probably not, no.

But we're behind Accrington in the league, who average crowds of 1,600 - 4 times less than us.

We were in a great position not too long ago, 7 points clear of 3rd place, I think the negative reactions are actually quite reserved.
    I'd agree with you on this. We've got ourselves into an excellent position from early September being top of the league and consistently in the automatic promotion places for five months is no fluke. Form and results have taken a dip in the last five league games which means we have dropped out of the automatic promotion places and out of the seven defeats this season three have come in the past few weeks.

A manager and the fans can only be patient and supportive of the players for so long when performance levels drop. I think everyone has backed and stood by the players all season, after two home defeats, a humiliation in the cup and then defeat to bottom of the football league team. But there comes a time when anger, and hurt boil over, and there is nothing wrong with that because it demonstrates to the players that poor and unacceptable performances are not tolerated.

KN should not have had to do what he had to do after the game today, but if it means it wakes some of the players up and we all get the reaction we wanted today on Tuesday night against Keith Curles Carlisle then it would have done it's job.

If it's much of the same then I'd be questioning if some players have the right attitude.

We can still turn this around but today was very concerning in deed. Need to shake up the team, lets see the new defender in team, oust couple that are under performing and bloody well start a game well please

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    We can still turn this around but today was very concerning in deed. Need to shake up the team, lets see the new defender in team, oust couple that are under performing and bloody well start a game well please
    Not sure how we can turn this around really. It's been a season of two halves as the stats suggest.

For us to make automatic we'd need to move from bottom half form to top 3 form straight away. Yates it seems was instrumental in our earlier success.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Why is a manager losing the dressing room if he's telling them how it is and the truth. Tough if they don't like it.

It sounds to me like a manager who is 100% right and telling it how it is and inspires me with full confidence. Rightly so he should lay into them. This week we were humiliated at Swansea in front of the nation and huffed and puffed against bottom of the football league side and lost. It's completely unacceptable. I traveled over to Swansea but did not go to Barnet today, but some would have done both. Sat in the freezing cold Tuesday and rain on Saturday watching garbage deserves some home truths being told.

Some of those players need to book their ideas up. Full support to KN.
    It would be interesting to hear the nature of the backchat. I think the current rot originated from Kevin Nolan's decision to fiddle with the team formation against Exeter and Crawley, and we've lost momentum since, so I don't know if someone has said something to that effect.

Just seen the goal. Sunday AM defending and even then I would be livid.
    I can’t remember the last time I saw a side on a Sunday get done by one ball from the keeper. Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Just seen the goal. Sunday AM defending and even then I would be livid.
    I can’t remember the last time I saw a side on a Sunday get done by one ball from the keeper. Shocking
    My original prediction of 10th at the start of the season is staring to seem pretty reasonable and I still think it is what will be delivered. Clealry none of the new signings are bad. But there is no hard man midfielder even though we signed 5 midfielders. Fairly poor and interestingly until Yates left the fans didnt really pick up on it either. It will be a tough ask for this team to go up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    My original prediction of 10th at the start of the season is staring to seem pretty reasonable and I still think it is what will be delivered. Clealry none of the new signings are bad. But there is no hard man midfielder even though we signed 5 midfielders. Fairly poor and interestingly until Yates left the fans didnt really pick up on it either. It will be a tough ask for this team to go up this year.

Middle of February and we are 4th, that to me is totally amazing after last season. It’s now we really have to get behind the lads, it’s easy to moan and criticise, we all have bad days. I want my club to get promoted and I will support the manager to the end. This club has been transformed in such a short period of time, and yet some of us still moan. Get there Tuesday night, those who can and cheer our lads on. Criticisism is ok at times but we don’t need it now. Time for the men to stand up and the moaning whimps to stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Time for the men to stand up and the moaning whimps to stay home.
    I think it's the players that need to take on board this advice, not the supporters. This is the point in the season where they show whether they've got what it takes.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast