+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NnnnnnnNine****

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Pboro is proven wrong every week. For example:

- Shelvey is sh*t.
    - Rafa has never improved any player (Diame)
    - we never attack

...I could go on.
    How about "the fans that don't support the club the way I do are plastics!"?

- Shelvey is sh*t.
    - we never attack

...I could go on.
    Short/succinct/true....

- Shelvey is sh*t.
    - we never attack

...I could go on.
    You can also add many fans into that mix....right?
    How many begged for Diame to be sold because he was worse that tish?

How many said Ritchie was a championship player?

How many times has it been said that this squad, if played correctly can more than do a job?
    Lots of swings and roundabouts and it's certainly a case of everyone has to take their fair share of blame for having a pop at any time.

However we are all entitled to do this because that's what it's always been about.

And the fact that Diame has improved 100% is down mainly to Rafa and his team, and of course the player himself. Thats because our manager IS world class, about time some posters on here acknowledged that, credit where its due,although that's probably expecting too much from I person,you know who you are you prick.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    And the fact that Diame has improved 100% is down mainly to Rafa and his team, and of course the player himself. Thats because our manager IS world class, about time some posters on here acknowledged that, credit where its due,although that's probably expecting too much from I person,you know who you are you prick.
    No need for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You can also add many fans into that mix....right?
    How many begged for Diame to be sold because he was worse that tish?

How many said Ritchie was a championship player?

How many times has it been said that this squad, if played correctly can more than do a job?
    Lots of swings and roundabouts and it's certainly a case of everyone has to take their fair share of blame for having a pop at any time.

However we are all entitled to do this because that's what it's always been about.
    Nice try but some of us (most?) have always known we had a world class manager and that players go through bad patches of form (e.g. Shelvey, Yedlin, Ritchie, and most noteably, Diame, recently). Just because they have a few bad games doesn´t mean they´re sh*t all of a sudden.

Of course we´re all a bit fickle but most of us don´t hammer away at one point and then, after making a 180 degree turn, start hammering away in that direction and then tell everyone how right we are and how wrong everyone else is. I have a name for people like that (and it ain´t ´fickle´).

Nice try but some of us (most?) have always known we had a world class manager and that players go through bad patches of form (e.g. Shelvey, Yedlin, Ritchie, and most noteably, Diame, recently). Just because they have a few bad games doesn´t mean they´re sh*t all of a sudden.

Of course we´re all a bit fickle but most of us don´t hammer away at one point and then, after making a 180 degree turn, start hammering away in that direction and then tell everyone how right we are and how wrong everyone else is. I have a name for people like that (and it ain´t ´fickle´).
    Nice try yourself but plenty have called for the sale of those players as being worse than cack. You can't have it all ways, including Rafa.
    I'm trying to stay as positive as I can on the forum as I am right now with myself.

In bold:
    Apparently it does to a lot. It's a fickleness we all have as much as some of us having some kind of allegiance to a messiah type manager or even a player.
    The thing is, if they do well they get praised and if they don't, they get stick. Simple as that really.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Nice try yourself but plenty have called for the sale of those players as being worse than cack. You can't have it all ways, including Rafa.
    I'm trying to stay as positive as I can on the forum as I am right now with myself.

In bold:
    Apparently it does to a lot. It's a fickleness we all have as much as some of us having some kind of allegiance to a messiah type manager or even a player.
    The thing is, if they do well they get praised and if they don't, they get stick. Simple as that really.
    Let´s take Diame as an example. You´re right, many wanted rid (yourself included if I remember right). Rafa kept playing him and people started criticising Rafa for it. Now look at where we are and how Diame is playing.

It shows Rafa knows a hell of a lot more about football than all the fans who slagged him off. He saw Diame as a player who needed game time to get through his patch of bad form. He who laughs last, laughs longest.

For me, Sunday saw both Diame and Shelvey's best games for us.

They're our first choice midfield for the rest of the season, imo, if they continue to play like that.

And I (along with many others) was a huge critic of his and with bloody good reason but it's like having a new player the way he's playing currently!

Just hope they can both keep it up.

Let´s take Diame as an example. You´re right, many wanted rid (yourself included if I remember right).

Rafa kept playing him and people started criticising Rafa for it. Now look at where we are and how Diame is playing.
    People criticised Rafa for playing Joselu and using many other players, so does that mean in time all those players will turn into fantastic players?
    Weak argument that man.

It shows Rafa knows a hell of a lot more about football than all the fans who slagged him off.
    Of course he knows a hell of a lot more about football and that's why he's paid the money he's paid. It doesn't mean to say that he does everything correctly and is above criticism.
    Rafa got slagged off because he deserved it and will again if he goes back to his ways of head scratching selections and game management. But I'd rather think positive at this time.

He saw Diame as a player who needed game time to get through his patch of bad form. He who laughs last, laughs longest.
    Ohhh come on man. Bad patch of form?
    People have been clamouring for Diame to be gone for long enough. There was no bad patch that caused that. Many fans simply didn't like him stemming from last season never mind this.

The reason he's playing better is due to him having a role suited to him and his willingness to fight for the team.

Rafa will get the plaudits from me if he carries on doing what we all know he should do.
    If he reverts back to earlier we will drop back into the mire....no two ways about that.
    And if he does , will that be because our players have suddenly turned back into championship quality leaving Rafa above any criticism?

It has to work both ways.

Take the plaudits for the good and take the flack for the bad.
    I'm not buying into the genius of waiting for a player to come good with top coaching when it's been as clear as day that the team's been set out on many occasions in a dire way using Joselu as a pretence of having a striker when the emphasis was clearly on holding out for a draw from the outset in some games.
    And that's against the average teams, at home, at times.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 13-02-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)