+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It’s going to be a long funeral...but I will stay until the end!

It’s going to be a long funeral...but I will stay until the end!

I’ve accepted losing to better sides, losing to incompetent refereeing and indeed insane bad luck. But the recent performances are particularly demanding, given the lack of commitment from some, incompetence from others and overall inadequacy to compete.
    There is some serious rebuilding necessary which I fear will take more than a season or two.
    Having said all that, I will attend all the remaining home fixtures and maybe make Old Trafford.
    Will I renew in the Championship ? Definitely.
    I will not miss the inevitable departure of Evans, Livermore, Philips, Grego, Sturridge and Barry. But hope we manage to retain Dawson, Field and Gibbs who must be subject to potential steals.
    The rest ?

Prando
    I'm with you
    I'll be there for the remaining home fixtures (a fair few empty seats today though to be fair some were on sunshine holidays).
    Can't believe in the end it was 1-4 but once we conceded I think confidence was gone.

I didn’t attend.

When we won 4 matches in 85-86 I suffered to the end.

I was sat in the Halfords in the freezing cold watching the first ever big screen game at the Hawthorns when we lost 2-1 at Orient in the fa cup.

I went to meaningless Autoglass Trophy matches in crowds of 4000.

I was younger then,I had not much else in my life.

At present I can’t justify the time it takes out of my life to watch these serial wasters play such pathetic,shapeless and inept football.

I think the only possibility of me returning regularly now is if my baby grandson shows an interest in a few years time.

When you stop getting angry and distraught at the results you’re in a dangerous place,I’m at that point at present,I feel utterly defeated by the way the club is run and sad that we have such a clueless owner.

I commend you Prando and B.B. and all the others sticking it to the bitter end.

I did with Megson and with Mowbray because I felt our players could give no more and I really loved Mowbray’s style of play albeit his defensive frailties drove me mad at times.

I salute you lads......from a bit of a distance!

Whilst I was living in London between 2004 and 2013 I used to go to all home games and about 50% of away games, PL and Championship, and the effort in many ways was rewarding mainly due to spending time with my sons (who lived in Worcs) and because the Albion were trying to establish themselves in the PL and genuinely giving it a go. Since I moved to Dubai 5 years ago I've been to 5 games in total (only 1 being worth the effort) but I have followed the team every week by watching the games live on the Be-In sports channel out here.

For those of you that have attended as season ticket holders over the past couple of seasons I can only commiserate with you as even if I was still living in London I don't believe that I would have had the patience to commit so much time and expense for so little reward. I have even stopped watching the live games in Dubai 9 weeks ago because I used to get so wound up by our ineptitude and spiritless performances. As Mick mentioned, I also am now past caring and certainly won't be committing precise time to watching us in future. A month shy of 50 years of supporting the Albion (my first game being a 6-3 win at the Shrine v Manchester United on 29 April 1968 when the King scored a hatrick) my passion for all things WBA has finally been extinguished and I don't believe that it will ever return to the same extent as before. Regrettably, I sense that it will be some considerable period of time before we are afforded to opportunity to dine at the top tier of English football and there will be some very tough years ahead. Good luck and respect to all who still have the belief and passion to turn up. A clean sweep from top to bottom is required by I will be amazed if that happens.

A clean sweep from top to bottom is required by I will be amazed if that happens.[/QUOTE]

I will be amazed if that doesn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    .. When you stop getting angry and distraught at the results you’re in a dangerous place, I’m at that point at present, I feel utterly defeated by the way the club is run and sad that we have such a clueless owner..
    I know what you mean Mick, and a lot of our fans are talking about that feeling of apathy. And its worrying when that happens, if we as fans can't even get angry and frustrated anymore at our teams inept performances, then it shows something really is wrong.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)