+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How did we get on at Boro today ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Our highs were winning twice in 6 weeks at wembley as a league one club , it's possibly as good as it's going to get with the way the game is today . If owners as wealthy as we have won't risk their money then what does that tell you about our potential in this day and age . If they aren't prepared to speculate with that amount of wealth behind them then why should I get myself emotionally involved given that emotion is the only currency I have . That's why I don't give a fuq .
    Well it remains to be seen just what effort these new owners want to make, and Im talking about money invested here of course.
    I dont like it but I know we've got to try and keep up with the Jones's here, and if we do want to stay up at this level then yes of course we've got to spend wisely.
    Ive heard all sorts of suggestions and questions aimed at the new owners, and it does worry me to be honest as to what their real intentions and motivations are in buying our club.
    Depending on what his ambitions are of course and what Swansea want for him, will we even bother offering a bid for Ollie McB ?.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Some seem to really want the bloke to fail
    I was expecting that one to be thrown at me.

If some think I want Barnsley FC to "fail", a team I've supported for nearly 60 years, just to prove a point on here abart Jooa, then those people are sadly mistaken.

My first thoughts that he is a bullsh1tter is my opinion. I will be proved right or wrong and will accept either outcome with good Grace (see worra did theear).
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-03-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Correct.
    No matter what they think about their board , that behaviour was unacceptable , one fan in centre circle swinging a corner flag abart , We all mainly criticised Millwall for doing similar dint we ? What's the difference ? I hope they get a huge fine and deducted points , another set of fans that think they have a divine right to be up with the real top clubs , their trouble started the day they left Upton Park , i've no time for that behaviour, they could and should have done without involving visitors from Burnley or whoever , A dint see WBA fans doing similar yesterday ,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Sometimes in life to make an omelette you have to crack an egg or two .
    I get that Animal, but there were families there with their kids. Read this morning that a group of smartly dressed owd lads sitting in the seats around the directors box got abused cos the mob thought they were directors, they were ordinary fans of the club probably just as upset as the rest but who know how to conduct themselves.

As for the muppets who ran onto the pitch, what did they achieve other than disrupting the game and players who were already under the cosh ? Lifetime ban for me.

Now don't get me wrong I get it - stadium sold from under them and directors only in it for the kudos of owning a football team and the money they can make from it. But they weren't storming the directors box at the start of the season having spent tens of millions on players were they ?

There are lots of ways of making your feelings known without frightening families with kids, threatening old men who are just there to watch a game of footie, or smacking stewards who are there on minimum wage just to help folk to their seats ( I've done it).

The end result will be that the mob gets written off as thugs by the owners and banned, but they won't force the owners out, families will think twice about going back again, and the club they're supposed to care so much about with potentially be fined and face a points deduction.

There's making an omelette and burning the kitchen down.

It's become increasingly difficult to compete at this level. Bottom line is if the new owners spent a load of cash buying good enough players to compete at this level it comes with a much higher wage bill. Even with increased revenues we are not a big enough club to sustain a wage bill at this level and I am sure any owner wouldn't want to bankroll a massive wage budget over multiple seasons. As someone said we are a League One club in my opinion I sadly agree.

Question is if we do get relegated do you think the new owners might want to sell the club on, as I am sure League One wasn't in their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post
    It's become increasingly difficult to compete at this level. Bottom line is if the new owners spent a load of cash buying good enough players to compete at this level it comes with a much higher wage bill. Even with increased revenues we are not a big enough club to sustain a wage bill at this level and I am sure any owner wouldn't want to bankroll a massive wage budget over multiple seasons. As someone said we are a League One club in my opinion I sadly agree.

Question is if we do get relegated do you think the new owners might want to sell the club on, as I am sure League One wasn't in their plans.
    With FFP it’s hard to throw money at it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post

I seem to recall that when the new owners took over we were down somewhere at the bottom end of the table with hardly a win under our belt so they didn't come into this blind & seem not to have invested much at all except perhaps what has been laughingly referred to as the war chest as I don't reckon there was very much of that
    There's another agenda & I'm not sure what it is

If Lg One wasn't in their plans then they should have made a better effort to keep us up in the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    With FFP it’s hard to throw money at it anyway

I think out of most clubs we were/are the one who observe FFP & look where thats got us

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I think out of most clubs we were/are the one who observe FFP & look where thats got us
    Like. How many clubs have been lost from English football from speculating too much? None. Portsmouth went down to league 2 with an F.A cup win and runner up. Blackburn League 1 with a Premier League title. Granted it's sh1t hitting rock bottom but at least they've been there and done it. What have we achieved?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast