+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 625 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156556 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It will if one of the cheeks win the Scottish cup.
    Aye but I was meaning it shouldn't. There is a possibility. But a minky back door possibility.

Europes a waste of time anyway

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Are you 100% sure about that?
    I thought the SFA changed the rule for Scotland so that the place in Europe went to the league placing as opposed to the losing cup finalist.
    The reason being the co-efficient was getting ruined in the past by the likes of Queen of the South, Gretna, Falkirk in fairly recent times.
    It's up to individual associations how they allocate their European slo

That all said, I could be wrong
    I think you are right on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye but I was meaning it shouldn't. There is a possibility. But a minky back door possibility.

I agree with you, I would take winning the Scottish cup or League cup over Europe any day.

Even if we did somehow miraculously get into the Europa group stage how enjoyable is that going to be watching McInnes try to shoe horn about 8 defenders into the team because we are up against better opposition.

Europe is only a waste of time because it's competitions are designed and set up to make teams like us fail.

You'll get no argument from me about the appaling set up of European competitions nowadays.

It's still great however.

Close season would be absolute s'hite without reading about the diverse ways folk are getting to the early Euro matches.
    Spending a fortune finding a ground the size of Spain Park but in Eastern Romania or wherever.

It's exiting, it's a change from Ross County and there's always a chance...........

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You'll get no argument from me about the appaling set up of European competitions nowadays.

It's still great however.

Close season would be absolute s'hite without reading about the diverse ways folk are getting to the early Euro matches.
    Spending a fortune finding a ground the size of Spain Park but in Eastern Romania or wherever.

It's exiting, it's a change from Ross County and there's always a chance...........
    That sums it up for me. It's absolutely rigged but a change of scenery is always welcome. Playing teams 5/6 times is boring as ****.

Why is Lennon suddenly regarded as a better manager than DM? You could argue that he's been fortunate to have taken over at Hibs at the right time in the same way that DM inherited the core of a decent side from Brown. He achieved the bare minimum of expectations at Celtic and flopped at Bolton.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the AFC job in any case. The guy was a total arse as a player and is a total arse as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Why is Lennon suddenly regarded as a better manager than DM? You could argue that he's been fortunate to have taken over at Hibs at the right time in the same way that DM inherited the core of a decent side from Brown. He achieved the bare minimum of expectations at Celtic and flopped at Bolton.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the AFC job in any case. The guy was a total arse as a player and is a total arse as a manager.
    I suspect a lot of it is to do with the way his team plays against the two sets of scum from Glasgow.
    His record against them both is good.
    Compare it to our “bend over & take it up the sh1ter” attitude which is how we are set up by our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Perhaps it is a waste of time INYO, however, to many dandies it is good fun travelling with friends to different countries/grounds supporting the “once michty” 🙂

We can qualify, if indeed yourself and chum were prepared to bet a monkey on it and not just £100, I might have taken you both on.....however, Cheltenham yesterday has left this dandy’s powder well and truly dry 🙂

Back on topic, under Deek we have got thru to another semi, of which I daresay a couple of them disappeared when Woody did his stuff.

SF

Europe is everything.

Page 56 of 625 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156556 ... LastLast