+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Charlton Athletic Post Match Thoughts

A disappointing result and performance but I am certainly not writing off our chances of winning the points we need.Hopefully Potter can get some match practice in the reserves today and Towell is also likely to be fit for Saturday.I would play both these two with Palmer just in front,put Vaulks back to central defence and why not play Taylor up front with Smith.Whilst Ball has a lot of skill he lacks pace as does Lavery,these two are alright bringing on when we are on top of a game.Tylor would cause problems down that central role.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    Yesterday was very, very poor. The entirety of the defense was shocking, Purrington particularly- at least now we all know why he never gets chosen a complete waste of money.

Palmer had a poor game too, it's a shame because he's been one of the better players recently but he just seem to be a bit soft on the ball. Needs to be stronger.

As already mentioned, why he didn't bring a striker on until 5-10 minutes after we scored our goal was mind boggling. Changes should've been made at half time. Warne needs to have the balls to make changes when needed at half time rather than giving the players 10 minutes in the second half to sort things out.

The players have completely lost the plot recently, I think they think play offs are guaranteed and they can take their foot off the pedal a bit when they can't, but Warne's tactics certainly didn't help. We are best playing quick attacking football, so why go with one up front? The best form of defense is attack, and we are no good at playing the defensive game its been proven time and time again. I nearly didn't bother going because of the snow, I bloody well wish I didn't now

Father in law said Sky Sports said the score didn't reflect the performance and that it was a close game? I don't know where he was watching from but it definitely wasn't close. They could've easily had 5 or 6 if they pressed a bit more instead of their time wasting.

However, I don't think its anything too worrying i.e we have completely lost the ability to play footballI think it's more the players have got their flip flops on already and have their eye on the beach in Dubai

Need a big kick up the backside which it sounds like it happened yesterday, and the realization that the play off places aren't guaranteed yet

I think the game could be a blessing in disguise, the hammering we got should be a huge wake up call and now we can get our heads back in the game and start playing like the high-tempo attacking Rotherham team that they were after Christmas
    Didn't get to this one so can't comment on personal performance. According to I follow Comms, purrington was the best millers player on the pitch..
    Brecks agreed. Warne said in his interview he though Ben had a good 70 min then faded.

Agree with you regarding subs and formation/tactics...

As soon as we go 2 down it should have been ball and lavery on. For wood and one from Williams,forde,newell...

with the benefit of hind sight warne picked the wrong formation and he needs to kepp the back four as vaulks and ajayi although with vaulks in defense he hasnt been going up for corners so we lose the option of his shooting

but onwards and upwards still cant understand gwru aka t71 dislike of palmer

4 4 2 or 3 4 3 for saturday

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Didn't get to this one so can't comment on personal performance. According to I follow Comms, purrington was the best millers player on the pitch..
    Brecks agreed. Warne said in his interview he though Ben had a good 70 min then faded.

Agree with you regarding subs and formation/tactics...

As soon as we go 2 down it should have been ball and lavery on. For wood and one from Williams,forde,newell...
    Funny how everyone can have different opinions on someone isn't it

I thought he was very very slow, the titanic turned quicker. You could also tell we were lacking a spark in his position from where Mattock likes to get forward.

To be fair to him he might've been better if the whole team wasn't having an off day, if a defender makes a mistake off the back of a midfielders mistake its more noticeable as you are the last line of defence (not including the keeper) I just thought he was very slow and looked a bit lost sometimes and I am yet to witness a convincing performance off him

I’ll say it again ‘ Wood needs to work with the defenders’

Fetch JCH/Dom Ball back as well
    Last edited by millertop; 03-04-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Agree about Wood Millertop. He is a ready made defensive coach and won't play much, hopefully, next year. Not convinced about Dom Ball and JCH is at the end of his contract so he can sign for who he wants even if we want him back,

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Agree about Wood Millertop. He is a ready made defensive coach and won't play much, hopefully, next year. Not convinced about Dom Ball and JCH is at the end of his contract so he can sign for who he wants even if we want him back,
    I was joking about JCH and Ball (winding Mellow up & Gwru who is banned apparently) think Warney has moved on from them so I’ll do same whether I agree or not

Bring back Dom Ball. Kidding.

Bring back JCH, he's banging them in in League 2. Oh......😉

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345