+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Inclined to agree with the Doctor above.

Even better, Pickering signed a new long term deal.

Said all along that Artell should be given the full backing of us supporters. The guy has had terrible luck with injuries this season. There have been a few horror shows on home soil, but in the main, the football has been enjoyable and we have had a number of pleasing results since he took over in January 2017. Before that, the football could only be described as dire and fans were falling by the wayside, in response to this. Hopefully, if we can have a good campaign next season, gates will start to pick up again.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Inclined to agree with the Doctor above.

Coming as that does in the same thread that you started (with a very ominous title), that's very magnanimous of you!

On a serious note though, don't you think there are far too many knee-jerk reactions in football these days? Managers must be given time to have a go. You never know they might just get it right. We let Artell go too early as a player. Hopefully not as a manager .....

I was surprised when this thread was originally posted, it was always misplaced and I hope that everybody can now see what DA is trying to build here. We now have Pickering signed up and that is a massive boost just leaves 3 who are out of contract, it would be great to get all 3 but I can only see us getting Kirk and even he might leave after some of the unwarranted abuse aimed at him by some.