+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm stilll extremely miffed

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    We're all still hurting. You clearly are hurting more than some.

I don't buy this hard luck story though. Cov had a very good shout for a penalty at a pivotal point in the match, when Stead handled the ball and it wasn't given. Brisley should have been sent off - certainly a worse offence than some of the sendings off we've seen given at Measdow Lane this season.

If football stresses you this much, take up something like curling or basket-weaving instead.
    It as been pointed out on here numerous times that their player was offside before he headed the ball onto Stead's arm. And if their player had been sent off in the first game with 70 minutes to go the tie could have been over for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It angers me in general that the game is still run in such an unprofessional way that multiple officiating errors can still and not be quickly rectified. However, aside from that, over the second half of the season I thought it became evident that we were not quite ready yet for promotion to League One, despite a dramatic improvement from the previous year. Even without the bad decisions I think the play-off games were another illustration of that, exposing the weaknesses in our attack and defence.

So, in that sense I'm philosophical, as I was even before the games with Coventry. I think we've got a real opportunity this summer to build on the progress we made last season and address the weaknesses that remain, with a view to pushing into the top three places this season. Obviously nothing is ever guaranteed in football, because there are so many variables involved, but I would be looking for the squad to be stronger again in the coming season, and perhaps a little bit better to watch as well.
    Agreed. I spent the whole season convinced we would drop out the playoffs and finish mid-table, then once in the playoffs I never thought we'd get through, simply because every team around us has better players. We overachieved massively, while teams like Coventry underachieved, but that difference in quality was there for all to see when we played them. Doesn't make the bad decisions any easier to take, but at least we didn't bottle the whole season like Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    about the unjust way we were knocked out of the playoffs.
    I've been following Notts for nearly 60 years and I'm still seething even though it's a week since the greatest travesty I've ever witnessed watching the Mighty Pies.
    I know this post risks bringing the founder members of The Coventry Windup & Goading Society Special Needs Section back on here but I rather suspect they have now turned their attention to the Exeter board.
    Why am I still feeling so aggrieved I wonder?
    Well forgetting for a moment the penalty that never was at The Ricoh, you know the stadium where CCFC squat. Nothing will ever convince me that had Jonathon Fortes "equaliser" been allowed to stand that in the words of John Coleman "there would only be one winner"
    As a regular at Meadow Lane during the season just ended I have seen Notts simply overwhelm opponents when they've tasted blood. Who can forget the 3-3 draw with Cambridge and the 4-2 FA Cup victory over L1 Bristol Rovers? Their defences just imploded when Notts woke up and there's no doubt Cov were going exactly the same way. It was almost as if they were stunned into capitulation because they couldn't believe they were playing the same team that they had dominated so easily in the first half.
    A major part of feeling so gutted relates to the Sky TV coverage which showed absolutely that Forte was onside. It was not marginal, it was clear and the lino should hang his head in shame. Coventry's third goal which from the TV footage was offside twice was much harder to call especially as the excuse for a linesman was a yard behind the play. He was simply unfit literally for purpose.
    IMHO both linos should stick to their day jobs for their own safety because if they keep on performing like that some inebriated fan is going to take a swing at either or both of them one day.
    I should also say that Drysdale was nowhere near as bad as both sets of supporters feared.
    I'm old enough (68) to realise that moaning won't change the fact that Coventry are at Wembley rather than Notts but my shrinks says that expressing your feelings is the first step to healing a troubled mind.
    Like many Notts supporters I'm really really hoping that justice will be done at Wembley on Monday and that Exeter will beat Coventry fair and square with no assistance from the officials. It's tempting to say I hope Coventry are victims of bad officiating but that would give them an excuse to say they were cheated. I just want Exeter to simply outplay them which they are more than capable of doing. Coventry have had much much more than their share of luck in these playoffs.
    Who believes the Coventry fans posting on here when they say they will take a defeat at Wembley in their stride? I don't think they can be true passionate fans when they come out with that. Their board (https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/forum...eneral-chat.7/) will make interesting reading if Exeter spoil their day out at Wembley.
    Finally a response to those who say Notts weren't good enough to compete in L1. Do they really think King Kev is that thick that he hadn't recognised that his squad needed a makeover had they been promoted.
    His retained list speaks volumes.
    I think Notts will be promoted automatically with ease next season and my shrink says that being optimistic about the future is the next step in the healing process.
    COYP
    I feel exactly the same. In the past , when I think Notts or England have been wronged it usually doesn't take me long to get over the disappointment, but over a week later I'm still struggling with this one. I have paid for me and my lads season tickets but to be honest , if it wasn't for him I'm not sure I would bother . I wish I could snap out of it but I just feel why should I spend so much money following Notts up and down the country just to be potentially undone again by , well , lets just say I have no trust in the EFL.

I still feel exactly the same.
    I’ve not watched the goals and not wanted to talk about it.
    I would possibly wonder if it was just sour grapes had it not been for 20 messages from friends/family/customers/colleagues all saying they’ve never seen anything like it. And none of them are Notts fans!

We're all still hurting. You clearly are hurting more than some.

I don't buy this hard luck story though. Cov had a very good shout for a penalty at a pivotal point in the match, when Stead handled the ball and it wasn't given.

Brisley should have been sent off - certainly a worse offence than some of the sendings off we've seen given at Measdow Lane this season.
    Are you really a Coventry fan?

The handball is a non event. Offside had already been given.

As to Brisley. It’s hardly conclusive.

The decisions against us were not in question in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Are you really a Coventry fan?
    You got me bang to rights - Sky Blue thru n thru

Take your rose-tinted specs off for a minute and have a think about how the game really went - that's assuming you were at the game.

Coventry could and should have been 4 or 5 up at half time they were so much better than us. We got a lucky break before half time and for 20 minutes of the second half we actually made a game of it.

On the balance of play I thought the score flattered us - not them. They were quicker, sharper, more skillful and able to look after themselves when Notts resorted to hoofball and thuggery.

Yes they could well lose to Exeter at Wembley but we failed because we were not good enough. Still there is always next year. Can't wait for another season of hoofball and Nolan constantly blaming 'bad decisions' for poor results.

You got me bang to rights - Sky Blue thru n thru

Take your rose-tinted specs off for a minute and have a think about how the game really went - that's assuming you were at the game.

Coventry could and should have been 4 or 5 up at half time they were so much better than us. We got a lucky break before half time and for 20 minutes of the second half we actually made a game of it.

On the balance of play I thought the score flattered us - not them. They were quicker, sharper, more skillful and able to look after themselves when Notts resorted to hoofball and thuggery.

Yes they could well lose to Exeter at Wembley but we failed because we were not good enough. Still there is always next year. Can't wait for another season of hoofball and Nolan constantly blaming 'bad decisions' for poor results.
    I make that assessment 100% right! Nice to see someone who can look at it in the cold light of day and reach the right a sensible outlook on it. Even tisdale said that yes Coventry got some poor decisions in their favour but they were more than deserving of going through!

If’s, but’s and maybes are a waste of energy. No one knows what may have happened if anything with all these things you list. We have had loads of ****e referees over the season who have got lots wrong against us, it’s swings & roundabouts over a season. I’d bet you’ve got some bad ones in your favour over the course of the season.

My only regret is that the outcome had been soured by the strange calls the refs made, and as a result very few of the Notts staff have given any congratulations to cov for how well we did actually play.

As I’ve stated in other posts, I wish you all good luck for next season, and hopefully (if we are still in the league) we both go up automatically and if we are not then I hope you guys get up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    I make that assessment 100% right! Nice to see someone who can look at it in the cold light of day and reach the right a sensible outlook on it. Even tisdale said that yes Coventry got some poor decisions in their favour but they were more than deserving of going through!

If’s, but’s and maybes are a waste of energy. No one knows what may have happened if anything with all these things you list. We have had loads of ****e referees over the season who have got lots wrong against us, it’s swings & roundabouts over a season. I’d bet you’ve got some bad ones in your favour over the course of the season.

My only regret is that the outcome had been soured by the strange calls the refs made, and as a result very few of the Notts staff have given any congratulations to cov for how well we did actually play.

As I’ve stated in other posts, I wish you all good luck for next season, and hopefully (if we are still in the league) we both go up automatically and if we are not then I hope you guys get up next season.
    I'm over the disappointment & anger stage & have never denied that Cov played the better football in both legs, however I hope lessons have been learnt, the reffing in our league as been at an all time low this/last season & although I have got sick of fans/ KN moaning about it they do have a point & something must be done about it! Why Champ or Prem refs were not used in the PO I will never understand. I have been lucky/unlucky enough to see Notts get promoted/relegated on many occasions & normally you get a "gut feeling" half way through the season, I didn't get that last season & as someone else posted it felt very much like the season we lost to Bradford at Wembley. I honestly don't care who goes up as I have enjoyed my trips to the Coventry but feel our quest for promotion will be easier without them next season. COYP

I agree mate, premiership referees should be placed in charge of play off games and full VAR should be used too imho

[QUOTE=karl wheatly;38901776]You got me bang to rights - Sky Blue thru n thru

Coventry could and should have been 4 or 5 up at half time they were so much better than us.

But they weren't 4 or 5 up at half time and no matter how well they played it wasn't our fault they couldn't take advantage of us being rubbish for 40 minutes. No one as said they didn't play the better football but the tie wasn't decided on skill it was decided by 4 rubbish decisions and you or anyone else won't convince me or many others otherwise.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast