+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions league Final

but there was no foul committed on Saturday.

Well SS I beg to differ, it was a judo throw but done going away from the ref.

Didn't think there was much wrong with The tackle from Ramos on Salah..

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They can be a strange breed today's top footballers, I'm not sure I understand what makes a lot of them tick.
    The majority of them are motivated by money Sinkov, a lot can hardly string an intelligent phrase together, see themselves as above everyone else and don't give a toss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Sinkov don't forget it was not just the champions league final they could be out of though, both of them will have initially thought they will be missing out on the World Cup finals and put in the same situation most men would have been a little upset at the thought of missing out on that.
    I'm sure they were upset whitty, of course they were, but coping with disappointments without bursting into tears is surely a part of being a professional sportsman ? At least it used to be, and it is grown men we're talking about, not kiddies having their sweets taken off them, or being sent to bed early.
    Last edited by sinkov; 29-05-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    but there was no foul committed on Saturday.

Well SS I beg to differ, it was a judo throw but done going away from the ref.
    Was it penalised by the officials? No ---therefore --- no foul was committed and the record will show that as being the case. The opinion of any player, pundit or ordinary fan is unimportant because, as far as the match officials were concerned, no offence was committed.

An Egyptian lawyer has filed a 1bn euros lawsuit against Real Madrid and Spain defender Sergio Ramos for the challenge which left Liverpool's Egypt forward Mohamed Salah injured during the Champions League final. (Evening Standard)

1bn euros - wow! A publicity seeker

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Was it penalised by the officials? No ---therefore --- no foul was committed and the record will show that as being the case. The opinion of any player, pundit or ordinary fan is unimportant because, as far as the match officials were concerned, no offence was committed.
    So you go through a red light and don’t get caught - you say you didnt commit an offence. Sorry you did and police records are irrelevant.
    The fact he committed exactly the same tackle last EC Final suggests he knew how to commit an offence and get away with it.. bit like the guy who drove from John o Groats to Lands end at an average of 90mph didn’t get caught. He might find otherwise when people look at evidence of mobile phones etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    One of the rare occasions I have to disagree with you Ss. Just because the officials miss something it doesn't mean it never happened. Even the FA and FIFA accept this as they often review offences the officials have missed, and hand down retrospective bans. We lost Tarko for three games because of a sly punch in the ribs that the ref missed. If you are right Tarko would never have been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    One of the rare occasions I have to disagree with you Ss. Just because the officials miss something it doesn't mean it never happened. Even the FA and FIFA accept this as they often review offences the officials have missed, and hand down retrospective bans. We lost Tarko for three games because of a sly punch in the ribs that the ref missed. If you are right Tarko would never have been banned.
    Tarko was different because it was missed by the officials. The officials saw the Ramos/Salah incident and deemed that no offence had been committed, in fact, even the 'well-informed' pundits didn't make a fuss about it because it is all part of the game that players get entangled---until FIFA get their way and stop all contact, which won't be long with all the fuss being made about this.
    Are you suggesting that FIFA will review this incident and take action against Ramos? I think not.
    As far as businessmen taking out law suits for things happening in a football match --words fail me!

OC--I would argue that he did not commit the same tackle as in the previous EC final because he was playing against different opponents and, had it been the same tackle, it would have been an offence, because it was 12 months late ---even Kevin Ball was never that late!
    Your argument about driving through a red light is superfluous because I definitely would have committed an offence against the law.
    The argument about whether or not Ramos committed a foul is all about opinion and, in this particular case, the officials who actually saw the incident deemed that he did not commit an offence contrary to the Laws of the Game. The officials' decision is final ---until we get the confusion caused by VAR, this is a fact that fans are losing sight of ---even to the extent of law suits!

Football used to be a wonderful game to watch and has always had its mix of players with skill and flair and others who are good defenders and use all the tricks of their trade to negate those with the skill. That is what makes the game interesting to watch, however, I do feel that the day of the defender will very soon be over and we will be watching a glorified game of five-a-side governed by no contact allowed and the introduction that anyone heading the ball will be penalised.
    Those playing the game will be pleased because it will take much of the risk out of the game as far as injury is concerned and should lengthen their career by some distance.
    The new breed of fan will pay silly money to watch this sterile display, however, one old man will not waste any money on it at all.

So SS the fact he did it before and got a yellow for it a year earlier - even though Alves was able to free his arm means nothing to you.
    The pundits weren’t aware of that at the time they commented.

Heres what the European Judo Union say
    the European Judo Union weighed in on Ramos’ tackle on Salah and confirmed that the Waka-gatame arm lock, when used in unison with a throw, is an illegal move in the sport due to how dangerous it is.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/28/liver...8/?ito=cbshare

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)