+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattie Cooper

Sad to hear - excellent player...which you had to be to get in that side for sure.

Well, if we DO have to move from the city that gives the club its name, dedicating a Neale Cooper Stand is the least the club could do.

Sleep easy, Tattie min.

Terrible news. Mind seeing him as a six**** year old playing centre back against Celtic at Parkhead. He was immense that day. Taken far too early loon.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Well, if we DO have to move from the city that gives the club its name, dedicating a Neale Cooper Stand is the least the club could do.

Sleep easy, Tattie min.
    This is not meant to be controversial or disrespectful in the slightest, as Neale Cooper always will be a legend of the club as part of "that" team......however...... hear me out.

Whilst I'm all for naming one of the lounges in the new stadium after him, or something similar, I think there are a few folk more "deserving" (apologies for the clumsy wording) of having a stand named after them.

Teddy Scott, Alex Ferguson & Willie Miller spring to mind right away

As much as "tattie" is/was a legend and rightly so, to name a stand after him is a little bit OTT in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    This is not meant to be controversial or disrespectful in the slightest, as Neale Cooper always will be a legend of the club as part of "that" team......however...... hear me out.

Whilst I'm all for naming one of the lounges in the new stadium after him, or something similar, I think there are a few folk more "deserving" (apologies for the clumsy wording) of having a stand named after them.

Teddy Scott, Alex Ferguson & Willie Miller spring to mind right away

As much as "tattie" is/was a legend and rightly so, to name a stand after him is a little bit OTT in my opinion.
    Probably. A stand was the first thing that came to mind.

This is a difficult one for the club.

All of that team will die one day, we nearly lost Fergie a couple of weeks ago.

He was one of us, whatever is done should be fan based

Bloody sorry to hear of Nealie’s passing - far too young. Thought that he had fought back to health after the heart attack. Very sad to hear the news just now.

Think his infectious laugh will live on for all days in one of his great storytelling stints lightening up an otherwise dull Radio Scotland segment. Was lucky enough to see him come into the team on a regular basis when we were both young lads and it was fairytale schoolboy stuff - to see that a chance could be there to play for your team with a level of skill heavily surpassed with absolute dedicated effort.

In his prime with us - I cannot recall him ever being overawed by any opponent and he certainly faced up to a good few rightfully labelled legends.

Thoughts are with his family and I like many, will dearly miss him. Thank you for many wonderful memories Nealie, too many to mention. But of course - the 4th and celebration at the bears end in my first visit to Hampden as a 11yr old lad will be the one I take with me to my own final residence.

You’ll never walk alone. Rest in peace dear Nealie.

Very, very sad news - absolutely gutted.

Agree the new ground should have something named after him. My suggestion would be the new supporters bar. The lounges are always a bit stuffy and as tattie was really one of us and liked nothing more than a laugh and a beer with the punters I think that would be an appropriate and fitting tribute.

RIP Tattie, a true Dons legend, you will be missed min.

Reading the EE, saw his debut was on 11/10/80 v Kilmarnock.

I never realised that was Neale's debut, but I do recall that game as it was the day of the Liverpool ticket queuing fiasco in the morning. It was one of the first I was allowed to attend on my own and one of my all too few times sat in the Beach End.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast