+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 73 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Shinnie would stroll it in our league getting played in his natural position. We need his energy to get up and down the park as Considine lacks this now. I don’t dislike Andrew Considine as he seems a decent guy but in footballing terms we must move on and try improving each season. Playing Considine for so long at left back hasn’t helped us winning further trophies
    Also think that if Shinnie was playing at LB he wouldn't get booked nearly so often.

Whether it's needed or not, I can't see McInnes signing a left back and getting rid of Considine purely because of the significant number of known changes that will already be happening because of players leaving and new players coming in.
    Last edited by its_a_goal; 06-06-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Considine done well scoring the winner at Parkhead and keeping a clean sheet,does that mean he will regularly be putting in performances like that against the cheeks?

I would be surprised if he does, it really depends on what your expectations are I guess.Personally I think we need an actual left back if we are going to challenge Celtic for trophies,if we stick with Consi it will be much of the same,qualifying for Europe,the odd final and maybe win one if we are really lucky.
    yeah,...…..,.not what I was saying though. I was speculating that Deek wouldn b signing a left back as first option. Consi is great for most of our games in this league. We NEED a midfielder or two before anything else.

. AFTER that he would look at another leftback. And that means he also has Consi as cover for both LB and CH.

This boy Naiamith may be that next option,....or is he a right back ??

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    yeah,...…..,.not what I was saying though. I was speculating that Deek wouldn b signing a left back as first option. Consi is great for most of our games in this league. We NEED a midfielder or two before anything else.

. AFTER that he would look at another leftback. And that means he also has Consi as cover for both LB and CH.

This boy Naiamith may be that next option,....or is he a right back ??
    I don’t think McInnes has any intention of replacing Considine with a left back.

It’s fine saying Considine is good against most teams in the league if you are happy with what we are achieving ,the point is if like a lot of folk on here who want us to be challenging for trophies and giving the cheeks a game on a regular basis we will have to replace him.

I don’t think McInnes has any intention of replacing Considine with a left back.

It’s fine saying Considine is good against most teams in the league if you are happy with what we are achieving ,the point is if like a lot of folk on here who want us to be challenging for trophies and giving the cheeks a game on a regular basis we will have to replace him.
    Totally agree Rico

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Also think that if Shinnie was playing at LB he wouldn't get booked nearly so often.
    Not so sure about that. He probably would get booked as often if he played in goal.

Yeahm and again I'm not fixating on Consi. Just pointed out WE REALLY NEED MIDFIELDERS FIRST. Otherwise we don't have a team to play any team. THEN , we can look at trying to improve at Left Back. Fair enough ?

Yeahm and again I'm not fixating on Consi. Just pointed out WE REALLY NEED MIDFIELDERS FIRST. Otherwise we don't have a team to play any team. THEN , we can look at trying to improve at Left Back. Fair enough ?
    More importantly when are you coming back to Aberdeen so you can get my lexmoto 50cc running again? Stop by the weeg on your way up to pinch spare parts of Aldo's ride on mower if it helps. He's a good lad, he wont mind.

Yeah I agree with you the midfield needs to be the priority this summer,I still think once that has been sorted there isn’t much chance a left back will be a priority for DM.

I would imagine it will be 2 midfielders (unless he sees Ferguson as a first team player already)a right sided defender and another striker even though he plays with 1 striker and we have 3 already.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    More importantly when are you coming back to Aberdeen so you can get my lexmoto 50cc running again? Stop by the weeg on your way up to pinch spare parts of Aldo's ride on mower if it helps. He's a good lad, he wont mind.
    I think it's shocking that McInnes hasn't fixed your lexmoto yet.

Page 73 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast