+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Players

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    what about this one . george hirst of abroad then loaned back to us. lol. another one from last night
    Please let this one come to fruition,can you imagine the reaction from the Arrogants,it would be hilarious.

After that soft goal at home to Millwall,Christopher said he will get that sorted,long ball into box and we don’t cope with it,so the boy Bradley is an interesting one.

Thanks Twirls for the info,1st rumours I have heard this summer been very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    twirlo70 are you a golfer m8 ?
    lol

Well, this is astounding news. Little doubt we'd be very competitive next season if it all comes to pass.

Proof of the pudding will be seeing the smiley faces holding up their new shirts of course, and as we saw last year, lots of 'slips twix cup and lips' on getting these deals over the line.

It could genuinely be by far the most exciting summer transfer window we can remember if this is true. I can't think of any other time when we've had a good budget and a good manager.

I wouldn't want us to go too crazy though, and I'm sure we won't. I'd rather see us spread the budget well and make sure we recruit assets with resale value. 3 or 4 for £2-4m and a couple of good loans would be great.

I wonder what happens with wages though if we sign multi million pound players on 20k p/w or more. Will the rest have their wages bumped up too?

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    It could genuinely be by far the most exciting summer transfer window we can remember if this is true. I can't think of any other time when we've had a good budget and a good manager.

I wouldn't want us to go too crazy though, and I'm sure we won't. I'd rather see us spread the budget well and make sure we recruit assets with resale value. 3 or 4 for £2-4m and a couple of good loans would be great.

I wonder what happens with wages though if we sign multi million pound players on 20k p/w or more. Will the rest have their wages bumped up too?
    we,ll see, if we here a certain player as been awarded a new contract, it,ll mean hes asked for more money. IE john fleck paul coutts and the rest of our top players

we,ll see, if we here a certain player as been awarded a new contract, it,ll mean hes asked for more money. IE john fleck paul coutts and the rest of our top players
    I don't think it would take long to hear such news in that scenario. Nobody could argue with it for someone like Fleck either, he's worth it.

We could really end up ramping our wage bill right up, but that should mean we have a very good squad.

I just hope it's not a sh!t or bust scenario next season. But, if there's a time to go for it, it's now.

I don't think it would take long to hear such news in that scenario. Nobody could argue with it for someone like Fleck either, he's worth it.

We could really end up ramping our wage bill right up, but that should mean we have a very good squad.

I just hope it's not a sh!t or bust scenario next season. But, if there's a time to go for it, it's now.
    thats my fear as well herb,if we dont go up,is the rug gonna be pulled out or more investment. suppose we can worry about that when the time comes. wilder is well on wi getting the improved quality in that we need apparently . so shouldnt be long before we hear of players signing.

thats my fear as well herb,if we dont go up,is the rug gonna be pulled out or more investment. suppose we can worry about that when the time comes. wilder is well on wi getting the improved quality in that we need apparently . so shouldnt be long before we hear of players signing.
    Going to be very interesting when we start hearing the first names we're linked with. It will be revealing.

This isn't a dig at you Herbs or anyone for that matter, but its quite an interesting dilemma, don't you think..? Here we are all saying the club should show ambition by giving him serious money to work with. So now, as it appears he has been given serious funds, we want keep it tight and sustainable...?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    This isn't a dig at you Herbs or anyone for that matter, but its quite an interesting dilemma, don't you think..? Here we are all saying the club should show ambition by giving him serious money to work with. So now, as it appears he has been given serious funds, we want keep it tight and sustainable...?
    You've got to be responsible. Wilder will be responsible, he's always said so. The last thing you want is the sort of destructive idiotic reckless spending we've seen across the city, with the legendary Jordan Rhodes being the hilarious figurehead. We even have our own scaled down example of this with FLN splashing out on Brayford and f**cking our budget for the next season.

If you took the financial difference between really 'going for it' and spending but keeping it relatively sensible, in my opinion it wouldn't equate to a significantly better chance of promotion. Spending a lot more could result in only a slightly better chance but then make things more difficult the following season if we failed to get promoted.

When I look at the sort of players available I really don't think it should be necessary to smash the 20k p/w wage barrier to get promoted. We already have a good team. There are players available within what I'd call a sensible budget who could undoubtedly take us to the next level.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast