+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Which is why he isn’t here.

He is/was a better option than O’Connor which is why he is an international player who is a away to the World Cup and O’Connor is a free agent who is so delusional he thinks he will get to sign for a championship team.

In summary they both weren’t good enough for us,the only difference really was McInnes liked one of them and didn’t like the other one.
    Here’s hoping Mikey Devlin is the answer.

He does exist, right?

He’s filled the hole left by Callum Morris

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Here’s hoping Mikey Devlin is the answer.

He does exist, right?
    I hope he is,I get the feeling even if he is pish McInnes will play him every week if he is fit.

I hope he is,I get the feeling even if he is pish McInnes will play him every week if he is fit.
    He’s the only right sided central defender we have just now, so little option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He’s filled the hole left by Callum Morris
    It wasn’t a very big hole to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He’s the only right sided central defender we have just now, so little option.
    I would be very surprised if we don’t sign another right sided defender,Ross County’s Naismith fits the bill,a right back who can play at centre back.That way its competition for Logan and Devlin.

I would be very surprised if we don’t sign another right sided defender,Ross County’s Naismith fits the bill,a right back who can play at centre back.That way its competition for Logan and Devlin.
    I agree but he might cost too much.

How much £££ would we have got if he was still signed for us for the world cup? Bit of a slip up us not cashing in on him being in Russia.

Would like to think if he got a run he might have been more useful (like the clean sheets run we got when he played alongside McKenna), sadly his legs are old so in and out of the starting XI is no use, even DM should know that so agree with the clash of personalities. (Mason89 great comment lol)

Finally I think he has been useful in aiding the development of McKenna, again only one person will know if that was the case. Anyway better than most, gets a C-

Quote Originally Posted by Winston78Snelders View Post
    How much £££ would we have got if he was still signed for us for the world cup? Bit of a slip up us not cashing in on him being in Russia.

Would like to think if he got a run he might have been more useful (like the clean sheets run we got when he played alongside McKenna), sadly his legs are old so in and out of the starting XI is no use, even DM should know that so agree with the clash of personalities. (Mason89 great comment lol)

Finally I think he has been useful in aiding the development of McKenna, again only one person will know if that was the case. Anyway better than most, gets a C-
    We still get money for him playing in the world cup,sure i read somewhere that whoever a player played for in the last two years and goes to the world cup get money depending on appearances so we will get cash for him appearing in world cup

I thought Arnason was going to be a very good signing for us. Unfortunately this was not to be. His performances were poor throughout the season, but the performance in the SC semi final was woeful. I'm glad he didn't play much (if at all after this). It's all very well for him to spout on about playing it on the deck from the back, but his first job is to defend and he did that poorly this year.

I think this season AOC, who certainly has his limitations, was more effective for us than Arnason was or Arnason could have been. AOC was an ok defender for us. Just don't give home the ball at his feet and time and space.

McInnes is not without his faults but surely Arnason and Ball (who did Ok, playing in midfield after the SC semi) must shoulder the blame for the SC semi loss. It's also a pity the Joe Lewis chose the LC quarter final to have his honking game of the season. Again, not McInnes fault either than Joe had a 'mare.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast