+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Dave Cherry

I do it sometimes on here, I might say 'summat' instead of something, and 'owt' instead of anything, but its summat I try to stay away from most of the time.

Leeds is a long way away when it comes to accents. In fact even Wakey & Cas have certain differences to us in Normy.
    One of the things l liked the most about Hecky by the way is he has a very 'West' sounding accent.

Hecky had a Royston accent which completely different to tarn talk think it comes from waky

Some waky accents are reight squeaky bordering on camp to tune that you think you're talkin' to an iron hufter. My uncle is reight feminine sounding but he's as straight as they come

I don't know about squeeky or camp Ponty, Ive not heard of Wakey people being described that way before. (well, not much anyway)

I like the Hull/East Yorkshire accent as well by the way as Ive been going to that part of the country nearly all my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

I like the Hull/East Yorkshire accent as well by the way as Ive been going to that part of the country nearly all my life.
    Duz tha gutu Goth Week at Whitby ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Duz tha gutu Goth Week at Whitby ?
    No sir, I do NOT lol. I ant been to Whitby for ages now SB. And anyway, I always thought it was a town for old geezers like yourself.

Thought Goth Week might be up thy street. Narrow alleys, hidden dark areas, Dracula, black clothing, bondage chains, leather etc.

Aar luv Whitby missen. Sum old geezers struggle wi steep bits and steps though.

Get thissen on wunna them coach holidays staying at the Royal, bus fulla women wi grey perms on the look art forra yung man like thee.

A young man eh SB, well tahh for that but I am actually 47 in a fortnight.
    Do you ever come across zombies & vampires in Whitby, if so I just might go there one day and slip them some of my tabs. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12