+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Is lg1 suited for Stendels tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Cos it's their train set Exile,they'll have a p&l budget same as any other business and in there will be a provision for wages.
    No different from any other business.
    So what's new?

Cos it's their train set Exile,they'll have a p&l budget same as any other business and in there will be a provision for wages.
    No different from any other business.
    But it is different from any other business , a business in the real world exists to create financial profit .

A football club exists to profit from winning games of football and to balance the books , nothing more and nothing less .

Any profit created from a football club should always be reinvested back into the business and should never leave it unless it owes creditors x amounts of money plus a reasonable rate of interest .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    But it is different from any other business , a business in the real world exists to create financial profit .

A football club exists to profit from winning games of football and to balance the books , nothing more and nothing less .

Any profit created from a football club should always be reinvested back into the business and should never leave it unless it owes creditors x amounts of money plus a reasonable rate of interest .
    Not really mate, what you're describing is a not for profit organisation.In other words a charity, I don't think we're a registered charity just yet !!
    Any business exists to give it's shareholders a return, surely we're no different.
    It brings us back to the question of what motivated the consortium to buy us in the first place doesn't it.

The suits as you call them will have a provision for wages in their p&l forecast for the league 1 scenario, so of course they'll want a hand in it.Otherwise it'd just be a free for all of spending someone else's money.And after the crash of 2008 we all know how that ends don't we.

Not really mate, what you're describing is a not for profit organisation.In other words a charity, I don't think we're a registered charity just yet !!
    Any business exists to give it's shareholders a return, surely we're no different.
    It brings us back to the question of what motivated the consortium to buy us in the first place doesn't it.

The suits as you call them will have a provision for wages in their p&l forecast for the league 1 scenario, so of course they'll want a hand in it.Otherwise it'd just be a free for all of spending someone else's money.And after the crash of 2008 we all know how that ends don't we.
    A registered charity creates a profit to help people less fortunate .

To relate that to football would mean we'd show a profit as a business and donate the money to Aston Villa .

Of course we have a budget for wages , we've probably had one for 131 years although probably not during the dying embers of the John Dennis tenure .

The grey suits simply give the manager his budget in the summer , he spends that budget how he see's it , he doesn't overspend because he doesn't write the cheques .

In footballing terms we are talking about pounds and pence at BFC , apart from purchasing the club they haven't spent jack shyte

If the owners want to throw in £30m they may have a point .

They can keep their money , I don't care to be honest , what I do care about is the man in the technical area taking all the flack but only having a bit say in the process .

Never reight in my opinion .

Originally Posted by red flagged

The suits as you call them will have a provision for wages in their p&l forecast for the league 1 scenario, so of course they'll want a hand in it.Otherwise it'd just be a free for all of spending someone else's money.And after the crash of 2008 we all know how that ends don't w

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A registered charity creates a profit to help people less fortunate .

To relate that to football would mean we'd show a profit as a business and donate the money to Aston Villa .

Of course we have a budget for wages , we've probably had one for 131 years although probably not during the dying embers of the John Dennis tenure .

The grey suits simply give the manager his budget in the summer , he spends that budget how he see's it , he doesn't overspend because he doesn't write the cheques .

In footballing terms we are talking about pounds and pence at BFC , apart from purchasing the club they haven't spent jack shyte

If the owners want to throw in £30m they may have a point .

They can keep their money , I don't care to be honest , what I do care about is the man in the technical area taking all the flack but only having a bit say in the process .

Never reight in my opinion .

Don't you get fed up Animal being told what you're thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Originally Posted by red flagged

The suits as you call them will have a provision for wages in their p&l forecast for the league 1 scenario, so of course they'll want a hand in it.Otherwise it'd just be a free for all of spending someone else's money.And after the crash of 2008 we all know how that ends don't w

Don't you get fed up Animal being told what you're thinking?

Only thing I would say exile is why hire a Head Coach if you can't trust his judgement on player recruitment .

Stands to sense they know more about the game than a posse of grey suits .

If you flip this one over would Billy Beane accept Herr Daniel telling him to sign a pitcher for his Oakland A's ?

The clue is in the title fella's Head COACH...Coaches the players he is given with his assistants.
    MANAGER........Manages the club including which players are brought in for his Coaches to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    The clue is in the title fella's Head COACH...Coaches the players he is given with his assistants.
    MANAGER........Manages the club including which players are brought in for his Coaches to improve.
    Yes I know that perky , my issue is why we have gone down this route , because everyone else has is not a credible answer in my opinion .

Because when the manager leaves , usually every year with us and another one comes in you don’t have to keep rebuilding a different squad to how they want

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Because when the manager leaves , usually every year with us and another one comes in you don’t have to keep rebuilding a different squad to how they want
    We still had to rebuild the squad to the tune of 14 players with a HC who was still in the technical area ESR .

The new HC's comes with a plan and clearly a number of the players aren't going to be what he wants .

Not sure I agree with you on that mate with all due respect .

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast