+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 163 of 530 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    My opinion differs to yours.
    I’m with Don_Corleone in realism of what DNA will afford us.
    You expect more and expect it now.
    I think it will allow McInnes to make slightly better offers for players than he would’ve been able to make without it, but I don’t think it will change the level of player we’re approaching.

At the end of the day, we’re all hoping the club bring in players of the level of McGeouch, Jones, Hayes, Christie etc etc - I think we all agree this is the level of player we should be looking at and really the level we need to progress. The difference seems to be in how realistic we think it is that we can get players of that level in on the budget we have. Realistically I think we might be able to get 1 player of that level in during this window, although I hope we can get 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Realism has replaced objectively.
    What’s your expectations Aldo?
    What’s the type of signing you think the club should be making?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think it will allow McInnes to make slightly better offers for players than he would’ve been able to make without it, but I don’t think it will change the level of player we’re approaching.

At the end of the day, we’re all hoping the club bring in players of the level of McGeouch, Jones, Hayes, Christie etc etc - I think we all agree this is the level of player we should be looking at and really the level we need to progress. The difference seems to be in how realistic we think it is that we can get players of that level in on the budget we have. Realistically I think we might be able to get 1 player of that level in during this window, although I hope we can get 2 or 3.
    Fully agree with you.
    I also think that we can’t and won’t rush in to secure players just for the sake of it.
    There is still a budget to stick to.

Jake Carroll Is Irish too but still under contract for a year

I would like to see the boy Jake Carroll signed from Cambridge, a seasoned profesional at the age of 27. Falls in to the usual categories for a Deek signing with height, pace and being Irish. Also gets Consi out of left back where he never should have been put in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEoin View Post
    I would like to see the boy Jake Carroll signed from Cambridge, a seasoned profesional at the age of 27. Falls in to the usual categories for a Deek signing with height, pace and being Irish. Also gets Consi out of left back where he never should have been put in the first place.
    How did your post come up, then disappear before posting again?
    I see you added the Irish part

This is very true but judging on his previous transfers, could be a snap at £150k well within our means!

F*cked if I know!! I went to check and it was gone! Inadvertent sectarianism from the site, that is what I am putting it down to!! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    If we got McGeouch and Hayes I would say that was fantastic business.
    Hayes can get to fk......

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Lol...you cannot even see or understand what you have written yourself Jack.
    Maybe a drink too much at the golf course or something more sinister?
    “sinister”.......WTF are you on about now?
    I certainly understand what I have posted......I’m not up to writing on a message board .....hopefully I’ll golf later tonight and will enjoy a sundowner afterwards, as if it really matters.
    I’m pretty sure our management team have targeted a couple of extra players and will be signing those players after 30/6 on a free, sadly that is all we can afford.

SF

Page 163 of 530 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast