+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the world cup?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Who would you rather play in the quarter finals, Brazil or Sweden/Switzerland? That's why it was better to lose tonight.
    1. It overlooks the next round. Colombia is arguably a harder match than Japan.
    2. It supposes that Brazil will beat Mexico: Brazil are the favourites but hardly improbable to think they might lose that match. Actually, having watched them so far, why in phk would anyone be scared of Brazil right now?
    3. It betrays a complete loser-mentality. Ooh, there's a slightly better team on that side, they give us the fear.
    4. It overlooks the psychological impact a defeat can have. They've already lost to Belgium; why would they believe in themselves against any other decent side?

So no, it's nae better to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I've been pretty underwhelmed by the overall standard of the football. The standard at Euro 2016 was poor as well. The inflow of money in modern football doesn't seem to correlate with an increase in quality. Perhaps the concentration of resources in a small number of leagues and clubs and the heightened financial stakes of elite club football has resulted in smaller arena for world class talent to develop.

Of course extra money doesn't mean better players, it never did and it never will.

The "big name" players haven't shone yet, except probably Ronaldo spit spit.

But overall it's been a very good competition, once England are out I'll be able to enjoy it properly.

The main difference nowadays with the world cup is the lack of surprise from South America.

Their top players play in the European leagues now so everybody knows what to expect.

In days gone by, when Brazil lined up for their first game, there were probably 8-9 unknowns in their team.

Were they going to be s'hite or did you have to prepare to be dazzled?

They certainly haven't been that good so far but the groups and the knockout round can be like two different competitions.

Here's hoping it continues the way it's started.

As long as England lose their next game then I'll be happy.

Oucher Spain oot on pens to Russia

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Oucher Spain oot on pens to Russia
    Cheated by sh1tebag officials.
    Blatant penalty which VAR didn’t review.
    I wonder why?
    Hope Russia get beaten 10-0 in quarter final.

Delighted Spain are out & I’ll never have to see Iniesta make a 3 yard pass again. Boring b’stards

One of Russia, Croatia, Denmark, England, Colombia, Sweden and Switzerland will be in the final.

Try not to panic yet chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    One of Russia, Croatia, Denmark, England, Colombia, Sweden and Switzerland will be in the final.

Try not to panic yet chaps.
    Sorry, but I'm scared...... genuinely.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Sorry, but I'm scared...... genuinely.
    Think about it this way, England have only won 5 knockout games in World Cups since 1966. Are they really going to win 4 in a row in 2 weeks?

I’m not fussed. Nothing will advance the cause of Scottish independence than an English World Cup win

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Cheated by sh1tebag officials.
    Blatant penalty which VAR didn’t review.
    I wonder why?
    Hope Russia get beaten 10-0 in quarter final.
    I thought they did review it and decided it wasn't a penalty?

It probably wouldn't be any different if it was ever introduced in Scotland. Today's var official is Declan-Seamus O'Malley etc etc

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast