+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 210 of 530 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Cheers

F•ck the wee ****e, milne woudnt have upped the offer anyway even if he did want to come.

Out forigen scouting is
    lamentable, lots of clubs here and south of the border can get decent talent from abroad.
    Sad state of affairs when some nobody who’s had a few decent months in his career thinks the second best team in Scotland is a sideways move from Nobody Rovers in the Nobody League.

I understand why McInnes has adopted the transfer strategy that he has - there are benefits to sticking with English speaking players etc but I think we need to expand our horizons a little now to get value for money at the kind of level of player we need.

Has McInnes ever signed anyone out with UK teams since he came to Aberdeen? Struggling to think of any... McGinn from Korea doesn’t count...

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

A couple of Scandinavians for example wouldn't do any harm surely?
    You can't be telling me that there's not a couple of Icelanders, Norwegians, Danes etc that would improve us and wouldn't be earning fortunes in their leagues?
    Skovdahl presumably had in depth knowledge of the Scandinavian game and yet the extent of his signings was Kjaer, Stavrum, Guntveit and Solberg. Kjaer was great but something of a known quantity. Stavrum and Guntveit were OK but were hardly head and shoulders above local talent. The one signing he made that was a real find wasn’t even Scandinavian (Bisconti).

All of our best players under JC were British. His foreign signings were ultimately forgettable even the ones who showed some promise (Touzani, De Vischer, Snoyl).

I’m not saying we shouldn’t improve our scouting network but I’m not sure why some folk think we’re missing out on some vast untapped foreign market - as if quality players aren’t in high demand outside the UK.

Chidi Nakwali who was meant to explode into the Scottish game like a footballing hand grenade but instead turned out to be no more like a pop reminiscent of a midgie's fart!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    But what about all the foreigners that have failed?®

Can you name any suggestions?®
    how would I when I'm not a scout of Scandinavian football?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    how would I when I'm not a scout of Scandinavian football?
    I'm being sarcastic. That's what the reply usually is when you dare to suggest that the world is a big place.

I'm being sarcastic. That's what the reply usually is when you dare to suggest that the world is a big place.
    Yeah, being a sarky smart arse is easier that making a cogent argument. 😀😉

I see - a slow day for me obviously

Bit of a backfire I think
    That said, the bigger an area we scout the more cost associated.
    This demonstrably has decreased over the years, but I seem to recall reading somewhere (may even have been in here) that the scouting is being increased again.

Maybe the best way forward for a club of our size is to develop the talent ourselves instead of having to buy in.
    Make sure the likes of Shinnie and Armstrong don't leave Dyce Boys Club for Inverness.

They should probably start training youngsters earlier as well. Aberdeen start signing up at U10's, but down south they have even younger players so when we play against the teams from down south, they're already had 3 or 4 years more club training that our boys do.

According to Twitter we have former Hearts defender Krystian Nowak training with us. Photo of him wearing the number 22 shirt...

Edit... cant post pics but twitter account that posted it is @SkauciUK
    Last edited by Red_Eyed_Ray; 10-07-2018 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added more info

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Eyed_Ray View Post
    According to Twitter we have former Hearts defender Krystian Nowak training with us. Photo of him wearing the number 22 shirt...

Edit... cant post pics but twitter account that posted it is @SkauciUK
    I really hope not
    If it's who I'm thinking of, he was a Cathro signing, played left back (badly) and was booked frequently.

Page 210 of 530 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast