+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 213 of 530 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

You still playing 5's min?

Still a chance for you at Pittodtrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggios_Ponytail View Post
    Shambolic recruitment this summer. Each year the squad has been more and more decimated and patched together with loans and players who shouldn't be there. This year it has caught up with us.

People saying their is plenty of time? There is just over 2 weeks till a huge European game, which is a Battle of Britain. Europe is something the club fought for all last season, and now we've achieved it, we are just throwing in the towel it seems?

I'm disgusted by this summer. The club is in it's best financial situation in years, yet we spend 200k-400k (raised by fans no less) and that's it? Farcical.
    Tottaly agree, milne has dreamed up this dna p•sh so as to get out of putting his own money up for players! Unscrupulous prick only interested in making money with selling off pittodrie

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    You would think that in 2018 there are plenty ways to find players without having to send multiple scouts to multiple games in multiple countries every week. Surely there are independent scouts / organisations (not players agents with their YouTube highlights reels) that compile reports and footage of players in different countries and make them available to clubs. If there isn't I'm going on Dragons Den...
    Scouts are 99% of the time self employed. I know one in particular who was up until recently scouting for Scotland and it doesn't cost much.

I really doubt that we have been watching Gleeson, Forrester or Marquis over multiple games if at all.

No the stents put an end to the 5s😠 The nippy wee winger had developed into a hacking *******e at the back in any case which didn't really suit - although I was playing against huns and tims which gave some solace

Aye , getting too auld now.

I might even stop wearing the strip under my clothes to games, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Scraping the bottom of the barrel comes to mind.
    Anyone wanting their DNA money back?
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye , getting too auld now.

I might even stop wearing the strip under my clothes to games, just in case.
    Best still take the boots though

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Tottaly agree, milne has dreamed up this dna p•sh so as to get out of putting his own money up for players! Unscrupulous prick only interested in making money with selling off pittodrie
    I think you give Stewart Milne too much credit for having the brains to think up the AberDNA scheme.
    I’d say it might be more the doing of Dave Cormack.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Why do have to be so negative about absolutely everything Red John?
    I'm donating DNA money for the same reason I bought shares - to help the club! I m not interested in loyalty points and as for considering that I know better than AFC about what player to sign? We fans only have our uninformed view of trialsts and don't see them in training and don't know how they would fit into the team?
    Player X was Shyte for club Y doesn't mean they would be for us. Ask the tims about Johnny Hewitt or the Oldham fans about Adam Rooney.
    Not being negative but realistic (a happy clapper’s favourite word).
    When I first followed the Dons we were a fantastic team who we were proud of as fans and feared no one.
    Nowadays we have little ambition, sh!t ourselves in pressure matches and have a conman as the head hauncho running the club.
    Let’s see what really happens with the DNA money that supposedly will be used on top of our increased transfer budget and then I will get back with an apology for doubting our club chairman and his intentions.
    In the meantime I have the right as anyone else to give an opinion (whether liked or not) on anything that happens during this window.
    I admit I am not feeling positive about our recruitment currently but would love to be proved wrong during the season.
    I am admittedly critical of players we are dealing with this summer but unfortunately if we are going to have absolute dross that hardly got any minutes for Hearts and in the last six months did the square root of f@ck all then my criticism is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think you give Stewart Milne too much credit for having the brains to think up the AberDNA scheme.
    I’d say it might be more the doing of Dave Cormack.
    It's the work of Rob Wicks.

That's what he was brought to the club to do.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robert-wicks-a62bab4

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    It's the work of Rob Wicks.

That's what he was brought to the club to do.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robert-wicks-a62bab4

Cheers.

He’s certainly getting on the wicks of plenty fans.

I certainly didn’t think Milne would have the savvy to think it up.

Page 213 of 530 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast