+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 349 of 922 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449849 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Leave losing can be put down to something like 64% of U25s not bothering to register a vote. It is now many of those same U25s who are remoaning the result. I say "look in the mirror".

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The leave vote was a complicated mix, of people at the "bottom of the heap" so to speak who were rightly brassed off with the unfair treatment they have suffered over decades, those people who (while failing to recognise that immigration has been more positive than negative for this country over the years) were anti immigrant for whatever reason and the older generation who hark back to some so called golden years when the Uk was a major force in the world and who have never recovered from the fact that we no longer have an empire.

Oh and course self serving ****s like Boris Johnson and Farage who saw an opportunity to elevate themselves on the political stage beyond where their actual abilities would get them.
    I have an insight into the immigration one Swale, through my hobby interest. The ‘whatever reason’ is mainly ‘no reason’ because ‘they’ don’t see why they need one - ‘they’ will choose who they like and don’t like, and therefore who they want in their country, and sod the powers that be trying to brainwash them otherwise. Not my view, which is a lot more nuanced, but my observation. This links to RAs comment that brexiters didn’t understand the complexities - those I talk of understood mighty fine, it meant the end of uncontrolled immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Leave losing can be put down to something like 64% of U25s not bothering to register a vote. It is now many of those same U25s who are remoaning the result. I say "look in the mirror".
    Exemplified by those on the Glastonbury stage waving Remain flags, who one of the smarter dailies polled and discovered only a couple of the dozens they found voted. Can’t recall the paper

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Exemplified by those on the Glastonbury stage waving Remain flags, who one of the smarter dailies polled and discovered only a couple of the dozens they found voted. Can’t recall the paper
    I though crop rotation had meant that there wasn't a Glastonbury festival this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    bratatatabratatatbratatatbratatat
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I though crop rotation had meant that there wasn't a Glastonbury festival this year?
    I’m sure you realise I meant 2016, Glastonbury was 22-26 June that year and the photo was taken on 22nd, I think with billy Bragg stage centre

Quote Originally Posted by tamworthram View Post
    You're right, there really isn't anyone I can think of I'd least like to see as PM. Can you imagine, Farage at Downing Street, Trump in the Whitehouse and Putin at the Kremlin?
    Well, thank God the first one seems further away than ever...two and a bit years on, but it seems as if both Putin and Trump might be in the Kremlin the way things are going.

Who could have possibly predicted at the time of the Referendum that a certain President Trump would be showing more respect and friendship towards Putin than his allies...but that’s what currently happening.

In all fairness football does bring folk together though!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    In all fairness football does bring folk together though!
    Aye...there is that. X

It's now looking like it could be a hard Brexit! Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    It's now looking like it could be a hard Brexit! Thoughts?
    1. It will save however many billions they want in the divorce settlement
    2. Trade would continue under WTO tariffs which is pretty much how we trade with much of the rest of the world anyway
    3. We could then negotiate better deals with the rest of the world although any deal with the US is likely to be Donald Trump first, second and third
    4. I hope all those new roads, lorry parks and warehouses that the Government says it has plans for, just in case, are actually built and serviceable by March of next year or imports and exports are going to be a devil to deal with at ports.......
    5. It stops the Law coming in that is designed to make tax avoidance/evasion being made harder and with much stiffer penalties from reaching the Statute Books.
    6. It won't be as painful as the remain lobby says

Page 349 of 922 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449849 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)