+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-5-2?

3-5-2?

After failing to get a RB ysterday, just wondering if 3-5-2 might suit us better now...

We could play Bartley, Hegazi and Dawson (If fit) in the back 3.
    Gibbs and Phillips wing backs.
    Brunt and Field (If fit) as central midfielders
    With Barnes as attacking midfielder behind Jrod and Gayle.

Could easily swap Nyom with Barnes and put Phillips as the attacking CM if needed too.

That would give us more legs in the middle. Right now, having Brunt and Livermore in there is killing us. I wouldn't drop Brunt though because of his set pieces and he can be a threat going forward. If you have runners around him, we could accommodate him in the middle.

Just think this might suit us more than a rigid 4-4-2 where we've been outrun and outworked in midfield for the first two games..
    Last edited by WBA123; 10-08-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Please god no.

Stick to a back four but make Brunt LB as it’s now his best position and he does a better job there than Gibbs.

I want to see Sam Field in our midfield as well.

Why not sign Crainie for 12months. He's a natural right back and has been with us all summer.

Is Sam Field injured?

I would like to see in a 3-5-2
    Johnstone
    Dawson,
    Bartley,
    Hegazi
    Phillips,
    Chadli,
    Brunt,
    Gibbs
    Morrison
    Barnes
    Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Please god no.

Stick to a back four but make Brunt LB as it’s now his best position and he does a better job there than Gibbs.

Agreed, we need Field

and we shouldnt play our best attacker (Phillips) at wing back

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Please god no.

I would agree with this! Brunt in the middle is about as useful as a virgin in Lye! Like to see Field get some game time as not convinced about Morrison or Jake the England International! Gayle MUST start.

I think this is DMs biggest challenge at the moment what is our best 11 and what formation suits them best.

Gayle for me is a certainty up from but how do we support him with the players we have. Joy R works hard and Phillips has the skill and physique to dominate championship defenders but doesn’t do that enough. Neither is the perfect foil to get the best out of Gayle.

After that where is the creativity in midfield. Can’t see much myself. Plenty of options but little standouts for me and that is a great worry. We need goals to get out of this division and with little creativity in midfield and only Gayle looking like he has the potential for 20 goals in a season it doesn’t look promising offensively.

Defensively we look mighty vulnerable down the right back channel and surely we must improve that pretty quickly. Of the options we have a think Dawson is best but he is surely better at centre half than full back.

All in all the signs are not great and I think that unless we get some great loan signings it looks like a long and potentially mid table season to me.

I'm sure I read that DM is looking to loan Sam Field out and that he doesn't rate him.
    It may have been a dream

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I'm sure I read that DM is looking to loan Sam Field out and that he doesn't rate him.
    It may have been a dream

Well, it's obvious DM has **** for brains ( nice guy though ) but hmmm - Brunt in the middle and loaning out Sam Field! Do me a favor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)