+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't think it's about whether he stated the obvious or not. It's about whether he should have used comparisons like bank robbers or letterboxes.

People in a privileged position like he is have a responsibility as to the kind of language they use. He could have made very valid points and have many more people onside. Own goal I think.
    If only that were true. Natural tories will carry on voting tory. Then, there are a lot of idiots out there who lap this kind of stuff up. Together they can make a coalition of 40% plus, enough for a big majority in FPTP. Dark times.

"Bank robbers'' is the more insulting of the two. Those societies have their faults and problems that's for sure, but there's far less 'robbing', or crime in general, than our own. Don't associate these women with crimes they see as far more serious and do better on than we do. I'm for the option Denmark and France have taken, but no need for childish, lazy insults that just set people against each other.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 10-08-2018 at 04:57 PM.