+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hull City Post Match Thoughts

Another management error for me. We play a class side like Brentford on their own patch with 2 up front and get muller ed. We play a struggling Hull side who are short on confidence and play with 1 up front and no back up. Doesn't make sense.
    Rodak- Totally to blame for second goal I know modern keepers favour punching but really he should have claimed that one easily.
    Vyner- Gave him benefit of doubt after Brentford but was poor again today. I think we need a change.
    Mattock- Usual game and usual silly errors, play it simple.
    Ajayi - Thought he did OK fouled for their third but missed badly with the header at the end.
    Wood - Good goal, bad miss later too slow but we know that.
    Palmer - Showed a bitt early doors the nothing. Hasn't really shown anything since signing.
    Vaux - Apart from having a long throw, one of the few threats we have, gave nothing to game. Can't find a player with a pass and tries to blast it every time he gets near the net.
    Manning - Rightly Mom I like the look of him, not only the best of the midfield but the only one who did anything.
    Williams - I thought he didn't do too bad today but not a threat up front.
    Taylor - Runs about but isn't the player for the role Warne wants him to play. He needs to be more forward.
    Smith - Isolated up front if we do play with one up we need to give him more support.
    All the subs did well in my opinion.
    Vassell - Should have been on from start to put the pressure on.
    Procter - Made a difference caused problems took goal well. Welcome back.
    Newell - One of the games where he was in the mood. Always better coming on, never performs when he starts.
    Well that's it we had a chance against a side without a win low on confidence and issues behind the scenes and we roll over again. We need to sort it or we will become the Aunt Sally for everyone.

My comment when I saw the team sheet was.
    Wtf... Is warne taking the pizz. 451 at home. FFS....

No amount of coaching will help Taylor out as he is no where near good enough, league two player at best, you can clearly tell this with the fact that every time he tries to take a player on he loses the ball at the both levels.

Hull were an awful side, looked worse than a lot of the sides we played last season. We were just garbage. Wrong from the start but should of clearly been changed at least 10 mins before half time. Like playing with 9 men with how bad Taylor and Valuks were.

He needs to get the better players like Jones and Forde in the side, plus hopefully new midfielder.

Some positives at least when he did change it, Proctor looks good enough, he needs to be in the side too.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Another management error for me. We play a class side like Brentford on their own patch with 2 up front and get muller ed. We play a struggling Hull side who are short on confidence and play with 1 up front and no back up. Doesn't make sense.
    Rodak- Totally to blame for second goal I know modern keepers favour punching but really he should have claimed that one easily.
    Vyner- Gave him benefit of doubt after Brentford but was poor again today. I think we need a change.
    Mattock- Usual game and usual silly errors, play it simple.
    Ajayi - Thought he did OK fouled for their third but missed badly with the header at the end.
    Wood - Good goal, bad miss later too slow but we know that.
    Palmer - Showed a bitt early doors the nothing. Hasn't really shown anything since signing.
    Vaux - Apart from having a long throw, one of the few threats we have, gave nothing to game. Can't find a player with a pass and tries to blast it every time he gets near the net.
    Manning - Rightly Mom I like the look of him, not only the best of the midfield but the only one who did anything.
    Williams - I thought he didn't do too bad today but not a threat up front.
    Taylor - Runs about but isn't the player for the role Warne wants him to play. He needs to be more forward.
    Smith - Isolated up front if we do play with one up we need to give him more support.
    All the subs did well in my opinion.
    Vassell - Should have been on from start to put the pressure on.
    Procter - Made a difference caused problems took goal well. Welcome back.
    Newell - One of the games where he was in the mood. Always better coming on, never performs when he starts.
    Well that's it we had a chance against a side without a win low on confidence and issues behind the scenes and we roll over again. We need to sort it or we will become the Aunt Sally for everyone.
    I agree with all of this. Only other thing I would add is. The two bad games vyner has had, Taylor was Infront of him ...

Long ball doesn’t work repeat repeat repeat thats RUFC.
    League 1 tactics.
    First show of dissent from supporters tonight.

I said after Brentford game Warne has to learn quickly.
    Sunday is a must win game.
    Don’t think they were that good we were just that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I really hope that Paul Warne and the management team start to learn from their mistakes because there is precious little evidence that they have done so up to now. Wrong team selection and wrong formation seems to be the norm. A defensive coach would be a move in the right direction for starters.
    Warne is really worried and knows we wont have the ball for large parts of the game, Our full backs were poor today, Vyner looked decent v Ipswich but today he got totally outclassed v thier winger, Mattock I do not rate at all at this level in L1 he's good but the jump up is too far for him as the wingers are quicker and stronger than him and he plays himself into trouble. Vaulks is not good enough on the ball for this level and Palmer is non existent barring the odd bit of decent pressing. We do not posses the movement off the ball or quality on it at the moment. I would play Ajayi in midfield as he's the most composed on the ball we have ( even if he has a mistake in him ). We are wot we are.

Talking to hull fan coming out of ground. He mentioned how easy it was for them with us playing a loan striker. He couldn't believe warne didn't change it till 70 min..
    Hull were cruising and as soon as we went 442 they had no outlet. They panicked and hoofed the ball anywhere .

4-5-1 or even 4-4-2 with the players we have right now is not good enough and if we continue to play these formations we will be down by Xmas.

Ive said it before and I will say it again, 3-1-4-2 is the formation we should play both home and away this season and have a real go at attacking.

We need a beast of a midfielder desperately.

Williams is better on the right side of midfield and for me should start every game, the same with Newell on the Left.

I would play Vaulks in front of a back 3 until we get that beast in and then sit him on the subs bench. The back 3 would be any of the 5 CD's we have, Palmer and Manning in the middle and Proctor and smudge up front.

Lets have a go at teams this season.

Palmer???? Everyone has a view but come on he’s pants and offers nothing of late. Akin to Vaulks who also offers nothing of late.

I was disappointed with the tactics as has been said. One up front. The crazy part about this is that the front 3 are our best form of defence.

The second goal was a shocker. Goalkeeper error 100%. He has to fall on the ball not punch it, then it’s half time. As with Leeds, half asleep coming out for the second half and another poor goal.

The one good thing about this is Proctor. I think with Vassell and Smith & Procs that can be a formidable front three. So if Warne learns the lessons and has the courage to play them there can be something good to come out of it.

Scoring goals isn’t the problem. The defence is.
    Scoring two at home and not even getting a point is unacceptable but they lost the game in a mad 3 minutes either side of half time.

Must say though City’s first capped a wonderful flowing move.

Mauled by Tigers tonight. Hope we don’t fall prey to the Lions on Sunday.

This can still be a good season but more courage is needed at home. Setting up for a point is not good enough and it cost us the game.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast