+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Brereton on loan .....

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes doesn't matter to me who he played for players like Pearce don't come around very often
    Spot on MR
    Pearce was one of the best left backs this country has ever produced. Maybe even the best.
    Ferguson and Edwards tried to sign him personally, by camping in the city ground car park. Clough was having none of it.
    He won 2 league cups, appeared in another 2 finals and despite the claim not coming close, was in the team who came 3rd in the league after winning promotion.
    A born leader. Had he gone to Man utd, well as Ferguson said-
    He's have been a legend, up there with the greats at Old Trafford

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Spot on MR
    Pearce was one of the best left backs this country has ever produced. Maybe even the best.
    Ferguson and Edwards tried to sign him personally, by camping in the city ground car park. Clough was having none of it.
    He won 2 league cups, appeared in another 2 finals and despite the claim not coming close, was in the team who came 3rd in the league after winning promotion.
    A born leader. Had he gone to Man utd, well as Ferguson said-
    He's have been a legend, up there with the greats at Old Trafford
    So what do you think the best striker in Europe would have gone onto do for Man Utd you absolute cretin. Pearce was decent. Not anywhere near the best. Shearer was. And he won his only league title with my small club.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    So what do you think the best striker in Europe would have gone onto do for Man Utd you absolute cretin. Pearce was decent. Not anywhere near the best. Shearer was. And he won his only league title with my small club.

Shearer and Pearce were in the same England team on a regular basis, enuff said. Alan Shearer can lay claim to England's best ever striker, it's between him, Lineker and Charlton, maybe some would say Stan Matthews and Duncan Edwards. Best in Europe at the time, maybe a bit difficult considering there were strikers like Weah, Van Basten, Papin and a host of Italians and Brazilians, But he would be mentioned along the same lines I'm sure.
    Best shielder of the ball I've seen though, you could never get the ball off him except via a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Shearer and Pearce were in the same England team on a regular basis, enuff said. Alan Shearer can lay claim to England's best ever striker, it's between him, Lineker and Charlton, maybe some would say Stan Matthews and Duncan Edwards. Best in Europe at the time, maybe a bit difficult considering there were strikers like Weah, Van Basten, Papin and a host of Italians and Brazilians, But he would be mentioned along the same lines I'm sure.
    Best shielder of the ball I've seen though, you could never get the ball off him except via a foul.
    Yes, but as a footy fan, I'd respect Forest, as you do with us.
    This lad isn't a full shilling.
    Irs hard this, as I'm trying to get my headcroibd his idiotic posts, where he dismissed my club? Like we are nothing.
    And you read what I say, and are a thoroughly decent, knowledgeable person whom I enjoy chatting with.
    And I'm no way am I trying to annoy you.
    And of course, Shearer was top quality. The original Ronaldo was on another planet!!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Yes, but as a footy fan, I'd respect Forest, as you do with us.
    This lad isn't a full shilling.
    Irs hard this, as I'm trying to get my headcroibd his idiotic posts, where he dismissed my club? Like we are nothing.
    And you read what I say, and are a thoroughly decent, knowledgeable person whom I enjoy chatting with.
    And I'm no way am I trying to annoy you.
    And of course, Shearer was top quality. The original Ronaldo was on another planet!!
    You don't have to read my posts Corbynite.
    You could always just **** off back to the Blackburn board.
    Bye.

Bit of goss on Brereton.
    It's his agent pushing this. Really pissing AK off.
    So much so, that 2 or 3 loans have been lined up. Number 3 is early doors, but we may miss out to a big Euro club.

So, if Brereton wants to listen to a money grabbing agent. No problem, bye.
    He would have done well to heed Cash, who kept his mouth shut, worked hard and forced his way into the first team.
    Brereton, still has a lot to learn. This team has the potential to improve him no end. But no one is bigger than the club and if there is one or two things to wind AK up.
    It's bad eggs in the dressing room and not putting the effort in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Bit of goss on Brereton.
    It's his agent pushing this. Really pissing AK off.
    So much so, that 2 or 3 loans have been lined up. Number 3 is early doors, but we may miss out to a big Euro club.

So, if Brereton wants to listen to a money grabbing agent. No problem, bye.
    He would have done well to heed Cash, who kept his mouth shut, worked hard and forced his way into the first team.
    Brereton, still has a lot to learn. This team has the potential to improve him no end. But no one is bigger than the club and if there is one or two things to wind AK up.
    It's bad eggs in the dressing room and not putting the effort in.
    Your story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. You keep changing like the wind.
    He is probably annoyed at finding himself way down the pecking order due to signing people like Grabban. He clearly does have a lot to learn. But your manager has opted to go with expensive signings. So he won't play. We are offering him a chance to do that. In a young, decent side. And we have loads and loads of money. We just aren't stupid enough to spend it all in one go. We see this lad as the future. With a potential big sell on clause. If he comes and does what we expect of him. But crucially, here he gets a chance. At your place he won't. It's really as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Shearer and Pearce were in the same England team on a regular basis, enuff said. Alan Shearer can lay
    claim to England's best ever striker, it's between him, Lineker and Charlton, maybe some would say Stan Matthews and Duncan Edwards. Best in Europe at the time, maybe a bit difficult considering there were strikers like Weah, Van Basten, Papin and a host of Italians and Brazilians, But he would be mentioned along the same lines I'm sure.
    Best shielder of the ball I've seen though, you could never get the ball off him except via a foul.not from
    t

" Shearer can lay claim to England's best ever striker " Are we forgetting Rooney here 119 goals mainly from attacking midfield position

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    t

" Shearer can lay claim to England's best ever striker " Are we forgetting Rooney here 119 goals mainly from attacking midfield position
    I accept your point and sometimes it's herd to compare players from different eras. I think you have his caps and goals mixed up.
    However let us not forget that Rooney has 53 goals ( the record) from 119 caps. Whereas both Shearer and Lineker, even those before played far less and those days we didn't have the likes of San Marino, Gibraltar, Azerbaijan, Armenia and these other footballing lightweights. Plus more games too in major Championships (Euros I think).

So although Rooney did really impress in his early years, I think history will probably rate and rank Shearer and Lineker higher.

There's a good chance that Kane if he has a long career can eclipse Rooney's record.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast