+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I would like us to go with the same lineup and style of play as we did against Hibs as I think that is playing to our strengths. Perhaps McGinn back in for Ross, and Logan in for Ball, but keep the rest the same. I'm still not convinced about May - he has now scored (although it was an open goal he couldn't have missed - and he did still pass up a couple of other good chances). However the style of play against St Mirren definitely suits May more than the hoofball we were playing previously - I think it will suit Wilson more too. I would back Wright in the no10 position to scare the living daylights out of most teams in the SPL even though St Mirren were poor. Give him the chance to do it against Hibs and see how he goes. He's got the pace, close control, shooting, dribbling, vision and confidence to do well in there.

I do fear, like others, that McInnes will change it around because its a game against one of the top teams. He usually tries to be too clever in those types of games, so wouldn't be surprised if we see a back 3, or reverting to Cosgrove and hoofball tactics. I do hope that he goes with the same style as last week though - every time we got the ball moving from the middle of the park forwards it was exciting.
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying.
    We do have a decent recent record against Hibs however.

Tough game I reckon and a 0-0 would not surprise me, that said, with Dallas the ref, anything can happen

In
    Upper deck, front (nae legroom) row
    Bus from Weege
    Bus to Weege for curry
    No prediction

Wright thru the middle was scary last week. Keep him in.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying.
    We do have a decent recent record against Hibs however.

Tough game I reckon and a 0-0 would not surprise me, that said, with Dallas the ref, anything can happen
    Right, pressure time....Give me a prediction for this match? (5/5 so far )

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    The tombola box will be used for this and all signs are pointing to DM fekin up the tactics once again, starting with Donkey Cosgrove who's number will get a bye from the tombola box and we revert to "hoofball" once again which is going to be oh so fkn sad, but not in the slightest bit surprising.
    Any blind man can see the best approach to all our games is the approach we took to at the weekend against St Mirren, yes granted St M were poor, but we were brilliant and constantly at them and in their faces from first whistle to last whistle, and played some lovely football.
    Just why oh why we have to revert to having a donkey as out main striker and hence playing ineffective sh1te lump and hoofball is beyond me, but dont be surprised in the slightest if this is what happens at Easter road this weekend.

In-Oot - Oot / In on Red Tv International from here in the Sandpit

Furryboots - ma sandpit living room on RedTV Int

Pre - a few vino's

Post - a few more vino's

Prediction - 0-0
    Let’s hope we get a decent picture this weekend lad

Oot
    Pre- Golf Club
    Post - Beers
    5-5 draaa

Will be interesting to see the approach to this game. Do we go back to turgid hoofball with Cosgrove in like post-split fixtures last season; or try again with young slick passing side that tore through St Mirren last week?

Hibs have lost the beating heart of their team - McGinn, McGeough, Allan so game on! Heid first Aberdeen!

I think DM will go with.

Lewis
    Logan Devlin Considine Hoban
    Gleeson Shinnie
    GMS Ferguson Wright
    May

Subs; Cerny, Ball, Forrester, Ross, Wilson, Cosgrove, Anderson

I reckon DD will go with:

Lewis
    Logan
    Devlin
    Considine
    Shinnie
    Ball
    Gleeson
    MacKay-Steven
    Wright
    McGinn
    May

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I reckon DD will go with:

Lewis
    Logan
    Devlin
    Considine
    Shinnie
    Ball
    Gleeson
    MacKay-Steven
    Wright
    McGinn
    May
    McGinn is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    McGinn is injured.
    If this is a definite then put Ross in instead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Right, pressure time....Give me a prediction for this match? (5/5 so far )
    There’s never any pressure.
    Despite me having a good run, I should let you know (in case your betting on my predictions) that my predictions are not infallible and I will inevitably get one wrong.

As I said above, this is a tough game to call, I’m sitting on the fence with a draw, hoping for a win naturally, but with Dallas in charge, that adds complications.

What are you predicting?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast