+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 487 of 530 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nah, that’s not a worthy question.
    We’ve established that your clueless and uninformed of such matters.
    Since you are informed of such matters can you let the rest of us know what he has done with the fans funds?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Imagine praising Milne for not selling for allegedly 3.5m up front when the club put a 10m price tag on him. Ge me peace!!
    Back in your box

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Since you are informed of such matters can you let the rest of us know what he has done with the fans funds?
    The budget for players is not just about transfer fees. It's impossible to know how much wages are being spent on the new recruits. I would guess it's a hefty wedge

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    The budget for players is not just about transfer fees. It's impossible to know how much wages are being spent on the new recruits. I would guess it's a hefty wedge
    This has been explained to RJ plenty of times.
    That does not deter him from repeating the same old broken record trying to convince himself and others there’s a stick to beat the club with.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    In 8 days time if we have not brought in any more players (and actually I think we will) then it will be a genuine question. The reality is that everyone on this Board including your good self (I assume) is clueless and uninformed as to the actual spend but it takes some pretty imaginative thinking (or incredibly poor value for money deals) to get this years budget anywhere close to last years spend plus £500K.

No point in battering this subject to death just now but it will be a very fair question to ask at the end of next week if we stay with the current squad when the window closes.
    The thing is, and it’s been mentioned a number of times, none of us have a real idea of what has been spent or set aside for contract extension negotiations between last years budget and this years.
    Certainly we have not taken in the same amount as we did not have a Hayes sale.

So who knows? Nobody does and that’s not going to change in 7ndays time

"Bring back Christie", "Bring back Hayes" .... Holy fυck ... it' reminds me o' that scenario far ye've split, amicably, wi a partner .. for good reasons ... like he/she spent the housekeepin on coasters, lottery tickets, cats, cat food, vet bills, windae screens, etc, and although nae good reason tae get back together, yer jist plain missin yer hole! .... move on ffs!

We have an increased transfer budget this season (Milne’s words) and I reckon that has not been fully spent. The AberDNA money however has remained in the bank and unless at least 1 half decent player gets signed because of the fans gift it will go down as a con.
    For the record...I am trying my best to make sure this is highlighted so the club will actually use it for what most fans thought they were paying into actually happens.

I'm not as full on with the conspiracy theory as yourself Red John but I ma sceptical about chucking money at a Multi-Millionaire.

If you want to know exactly what excuse they will use when the window closes and Messi hasn't signed for a year's supply of Aitken's Rowies and a flat at Kepplestone, they'll say it was used to scout him in the first place so they could make sure he was a good fit ;-)

Its more likely though that any intuitive types with reasonable accounting skills will see exactly where the money has gone when next years accounts are released and all will be revealed.

As you say though, if nothing happens in the next week regards signings of a reasonable stature, then DNA will fall on its @rse for next year.

Back in your box
    Bore off you fish wife!

Back on topic...

Interesting comment from DM yesterday, where he says he is still looking at one particular area to fill, in terms of incoming transfers.

Given that Frank Ross is essentially a central midfielder (and not a wide man, albiet he was deployed there last week) and we also have Forrester and Wright who can play that role, any potential move for Christie would seem like it would stifle the development of those players.

Has to be a wideman, to cover for the ever-more-injured McGinn and GMS. If the latter gets a injury, then we are fecked. Hopefully a permanent deal as well.

Page 487 of 530 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast