+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Now do the sums. What it's cost us and what could have been

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Alan sometimes talks bullsh!t, but I found that article honest and reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Very interesting reading. Yeah, it's a real downer that all the momentum's gone for now.
    With such a close relationship, it's a pity Hardy couldn't help Nolan more in areas he was getting it wrong - not so much the football side (ex-players tend not to respect those that haven't played professionally - wrong IMO) but on management in general, even personal (he was 20 years older after all).

Maybe it was the same problem as Nolan and the players - too matey and not enough distance. Who knows?

Now all that financial and emotional investment rests on the performance of one 39 year-old aussie, with an old hand as a back-up insurance policy in case he heads in the wrong direction.

Buckle up for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Alan sometimes talks bullsh!t, but I found that article honest and reassuring.
    Good lad - your'e taking note!

Serious for the past few years you've been telling anyone who'll listen you're a master of business knowledge, only people who own businesses know anything and anyone left of centre is an unwashed tramp. This is why you're always making a fool of yourself and come across as know it all, patronising @rsehole. Still I expect to congratulate myself next time I cost cut or manage my own personal finances as the next big thing, afterwards I must remember to tell everyone I know about how they know nothing of business and are all idiots.

Right I'm off to watch the sunset on the beach in Bali across from my five star hotel I'm staying in for three weeks, not bad for a left wing, care homereceptionist. I guess I must have managed my money well this year but I'll try not to tell everyone how superior I am to them as guess what? I'm not superior to anyone at all, try remember that next time you're calling us all idiots.

Have a good afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    If we've only got 300k in assets and 4m worth of debt to Paragon, wouldn't the directors of Paragon, whoever they are, be extremely foolish to call in the debt and only get 10p to the pound when we go into admin?

Can't see that happening to be honest.
    equally as foolish to inject any further funds to keep the club solvent I guess....Eitherway it is a concern and one that should be kept close eye on by us supporters in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by michelinnotts View Post
    equally as foolish to inject any further funds to keep the club solvent I guess....Eitherway it is a concern and one that should be kept close eye on by us supporters in my opinion.
    What is it that you are expecting us to do?

I don't think I qualify as an advisor to Alan Hardy and I am sure he is far more aware of what's happening than I am.

Your post has made me even more unsure as to your motive.

So for now I'll get behind the team, management and owner and look forward to consolidating then moving up that table.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What is it that you are expecting us to do?

I don't think I qualify as an advisor to Alan Hardy and I am sure he is far more aware of what's happening than I am.

Your post has made me even more unsure as to your motive.

So for now I'll get behind the team, management and owner and look forward to consolidating then moving up that table.
    Just because a supporter wants to look at the big picture I must have a motive?

My motive is not to have my boy in tears and my old dad who I sit in the Pavis with every week unsure of whether the club will survive in following weeks again as was the case various times before. My lad isn't old enough to have seen financial collapse and uncertainty prior to what he saw in the sunset weeks of Trews era, but I don't really want him to experience Gillingham away again soon. As for Dad, he has seen it all and I don't think it is unreasonable to point out the faults in our business plan or risk our ownership presents.

I'm not even anti AH, we need him to stay doing what he is doing for as long as possible. I've just pointed out a number of facts and reasons why our stability and position as a club isn't much different to when AH took over and that our future is effectively solely in his control as long as he can afford to put cash in monthly, or the control of Paragon PLC and it's shareholders, or a new owner if one could be found if AH can no longer afford it, and that people who say " it's his money he can spend it how he wants" are in my opinion wrong to take that view. Every pound Alan Hardy allocates to our clubs DEBT, is another pound of risk.

Quote Originally Posted by michelinnotts View Post
    Just because a supporter wants to look at the big picture I must have a motive?

My motive is not to have my boy in tears and my old dad who I sit in the Pavis with every week unsure of whether the club will survive in following weeks again as was the case various times before. My lad isn't old enough to have seen financial collapse and uncertainty prior to what he saw in the sunset weeks of Trews era, but I don't really want him to experience Gillingham away again soon. As for Dad, he has seen it all and I don't think it is unreasonable to point out the faults in our business plan or risk our ownership presents.

I'm not even anti AH, we need him to stay doing what he is doing for as long as possible. I've just pointed out a number of facts and reasons why our stability and position as a club isn't much different to when AH took over and that our future is effectively solely in his control as long as he can afford to put cash in monthly, or the control of Paragon PLC and it's shareholders, or a new owner if one could be found if AH can no longer afford it, and that people who say " it's his money he can spend it how he wants" are in my opinion wrong to take that view. Every pound Alan Hardy allocates to our clubs DEBT, is another pound of risk.
    So, if we can't say 'It's his money he can spend it how he likes', what should we say?

'It's his money' - well that's correct. Certainly, he controls the money.

If we can't say 'He can spend it how he likes" the only alternative is to say "and he can should spend it how we say he should". That's never going to work or happen is it?

I may not agree all the time with how it is spent, but at the same time, it's not up to me to tell him what to do.

'Every pound Alan Hardy allocates to our clubs DEBT, is another pound of risk' infers that you think he ought not to be doing it, yet you also say 'we need him to stay doing what he is doing for as long as possible'. Not sure that they fit together!

I don't doubt you know what you are talking about, michelinnotts, but surely Notts County are not the only club in this situation? There must be many other lower-league clubs in a far more parlous state than we are (not that that helps us) but I don't see them folding.

I don't have a clue how these things work but is it not possible that it really IS AH's own money he's spending? The last I heard, when he had just bought Notts was that he had an estimated worth of £80million. Of course I must assume most of that is tied up in his business enterprises, but not ALL, surely?

One thing that does worry me though is the fact(?) that AH is charging us interest at the rate of £160,000 a year. How does he ever expect to get that back?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast