+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Roll Call and Sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by BackInYourBox View Post
    Away support booing at H/T says it all.
    we were booing at the incompetent ref and his assistants , in particular the treatment of mckenna at thows within the box and corners

The most worrying thing for me is that our season between now and when the next window opening depends almost entirely on James Wilson (a) getting fit/being bothered to play and (b) proving he can actually score goals. Nobody else who wasn't playing today will make any sort of difference to how many goals we will score and as I and almost everyone else has said clearly May and Cosgrove won't score any decent amount of goals so we are relying on GMS/ McGinn and one or two others chipping in the odd goal here and there (I deliberately don't mention Anderson as clearly McInnes is going to default to being too conservative to start with a youngster up front). It's no surprise that we have scored no more than one goal in 7 out of 8 games (the only exception being against an absolutely woeful St Mirren performance) which have resulted in no less than five 1-1 draws a 1-0 win and a 0-2 defeat.

So unless Wilson is the answer, we will be mid table come the winter split and a long way behind the top 4. What a terrible place to have put ourselves in through yet another incompetent transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The most worrying thing for me is that our season between now and when the next window opening depends almost entirely on James Wilson (a) getting fit/being bothered to play and (b) proving he can actually score goals. Nobody else who wasn't playing today will make any sort of difference to how many goals we will score and as I and almost everyone else has said clearly May and Cosgrove won't score any decent amount of goals so we are relying on GMS/ McGinn and one or two others chipping in the odd goal here and there (I deliberately don't mention Anderson as clearly McInnes is going to default to being too conservative to start with a youngster up front). It's no surprise that we have scored no more than one goal in 7 out of 8 games (the only exception being against an absolutely woeful St Mirren performance) which have resulted in no less than five 1-1 draws a 1-0 win and a 0-2 defeat.

So unless Wilson is the answer, we will be mid table come the winter split and a long way behind the top 4. What a terrible place to have put ourselves in through yet another incompetent transfer window
    and although i hate to say it del has too carry the can for this one

any positives ??

i thought lowe looked decent was a good outlet but wasnt used nearly enough , however he did appear to panic a bit when driving at goal still cant work out if it was a shot or driven cross

The funny thing is the last 4 seasons we have finished 2nd a good few on here have said it’s pointless and means nothing,now all of a sudden it’s important we do

I would take finishing 8th and winning a cup over qualifying for Europe all day long but a cup win is never going to happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’m pleased they did aren’t you?
    That wee c**t would be a c**t whether we blow smoke up his @rse or whether we out him as the wee c**t that he is.
    I guess I was but I knew it was never going to make any difference whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The funny thing is the last 4 seasons we have finished 2nd a good few on here have said it’s pointless and means nothing,now all of a sudden it’s important we do

I would take finishing 8th and winning a cup over qualifying for Europe all day long but a cup win is never going to happen either.
    To win anything you need to score goals.
    We don't have the players to do that.
    Recruitment has been poor two years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
    and although i hate to say it del has too carry the can for this one
    I have been generally supportive of McInnes but the whole Rooney and replacement has been appallingly handled. If you look at the other purchases a 50% strike rate (Devlin/Ferguson good Gleeson/Forrester bad) is about par for the course for him in his time here. But to know that you were losing a 20+ goal a season striker from around the end of June (when he told Rooney he could go) and yet in two whole months fail to replace him adequately is simply unacceptable for a club of our standing and made even more galling by the whole dna fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    To win anything you need to score goals.
    We don't have the players to do that.
    Recruitment has been poor two years in a row.
    Agreed, we are a million miles from having a team good enough to get close to winning a cup. The other thing I would add is that unlike some people on here I do enjoy the European games (a bit of variety from playing Motherwell six times a season) and nebver mind finishing second, we are currently heading to being nowhere close to qualifying for Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Agreed, we are a million miles from having a team good enough to get close to winning a cup. The other thing I would add is that unlike some people on here I do enjoy the European games (a bit of variety from playing Motherwell six times a season) and nebver mind finishing second, we are currently heading to being nowhere close to qualifying for Europe
    The closest we get to a foreign trip next summer will be if we draw Berwick in the group stages of the Betfred Cup.

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast