+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Scott McKenna

Didnt every club do the above banner in the same round of games. I watched a couple of games over that weekend(one was Bayern) and they both had it which made me look it up.

If i was at home i could have post a pic of the banner the Dortmund fans had when i was there. Straight to the point and a dig at UEFA in retaliation to stadium bans. I wanted to see a legendary yellow wall display fo a CL game but i got a simple big banner stating

"F@CK UEFA MAFIA, without fans football is nothing"

Simple but effective

This is just yet another example of pure corruption and cheating by the SFA.
    We shouldn't be surprised as they have been pretty open regards cheating since they allowed a new club into the league in 2012.

I get why people are saying not renewing a seasons ticket is only hurting our own club, but it's a really fvcking tough call right now.
    I thought long and hard regarding renewing this year, but did so even after all the DNA cr@p and the way the club handled that situation. I used it about 4 times last year due to work, but renewed anyhow.

Really can't see me renewing it next year, or my sons, so it will be a pick and choose situation. Just don't see the point in continuing giving my money to a chairman who doesn't stand up for the fans on matters where we are screaming out for some action to be taken.
    Oh, and the fact Sam Cosgrove is a first pick in our first 11.

The SFA / SPFL will do everything they can to ensure that we are nowhere near the gruesome twosome, we are exactly where they want us. fighting for the scraps yet again.
    Sad thing about that, is that Milne is happy to go along with it.

excellent comments Hulldon - unfortunately it will just add to our sense of injustice .Time to roll our sleeves up and get on with our job - winning !!
    Noticeable the lack of comment or follow up in the west coast press !! COYR

No comment because they see it as justice.
    McKenna tried to stop Celtic scoring at Parkhead, he deserves all he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    It was just a clumsy challenge. No intent to injure a yellow card at most.
    Yellow card? It wasnae even a foul!

For once, the ref called it spot on.

The balls off the deck and McKenna clears it, the forward's trying to block and his momentum takes him into McKenna's clearance and he gets a knock.

It's fitba.

This is up there with the worst of all corruption that rears its ugly head in this nasty little country and the club should be kicking up seven shades of sh1te about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    I just thought I would take another look at the Judicial Panel Protocol, which the SFA introduced this season To quote from their statement of 14th September, issued after the fuss surrounding decisions ...

“One key change that was made was in respect of unseen offences of serious foul play and violent conduct. As of this season, the match referee is no longer asked to provide a statement of opinion. This removes any perceived conflict where the match official is placed in the position of reassessing their original decision.

“Instead the Compliance Officer asks a three-person panel to review whether a sending off offence occurred. Only where all three individuals agree that a sending off offence occurred will a Notice of Complaint be raised."

So... this confirms that the alleged offence should be "UNSEEN" by the match officials. I'm sorry, but this can in no way be applied to the McKenna challenge. Bobby Madden was barely ten metres away, and signalled no foul immediately, and definitely saw the challenge.

It also confirms that the Compliance Officer asks the panel of ex-referees to investigate. I presume this means that she watches every match in detail, to see if such an offence has occurred. Quite a task, one might think. Surely she cannot be influenced by comments from players or managers. Any such comments made by them would surely be construed as trying to influence the compliance officer, and potentially be subject to censure from the SFA.

I am at a loss to see how this decision has been arrived at within their own new rules and protocol. They have not followed the rules - whether the tackle was a sending-off offence or not, it was SEEN by the official(s) so therefore has nothing to do with the Compliance Officer. In fact I seem to remember the very same argument being used when there was no action taken against Alan McGregor or Stephen Naismith this season, also under the new protocol, in that the official had SEEN the alleged offences, so no action could be taken.

It is interesting to read that the complaint is now listed as PROVED on the SFA website, although no reasons are up yet. Presumably the reasons will be similar to when we appealed the Devlin sending-off... something along the lines of we must back up our match officials and there is no clear mistake made.... Oh, wait... that won't work!

It would be good if the fans and or the club could make our feelings clear... 1.FC Union Berlin fans did so well at a match I was at a few years ago:
    Attachment 10828

I hope it works as I've never uploaded a picture! (Translation from German available)
    Ich habe noch nie ein Bild hochgeladen

But then you probably knew that.

It strikes me as fight (some sort of challenge) or flight (boycott). Maintaining a stiff upper lip and rolling your sleeves up may be the clubs' 'stance' but kneeling is the position being adopted.

I was at Camelon v Linlithgow Rose about a month ago. It was f@cking great. Tackles flying in everywhere

If McKenna challenge was a red card and a two game ban then some life bans should be handed out after events at Carmuirs Park

Great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was at Camelon v Linlithgow Rose about a month ago. It was f@cking great. Tackles flying in everywhere

If McKenna challenge was a red card and a two game ban then some life bans should be handed out after events at Carmuirs Park

Great to watch.
    Some years ago i was in my local waiting to watch a sporting event and the 3rd (i think) division playoffs came on before hand. Newport Co. v's Luton . Some sustained Newport pressure was relieved with a hoof to wide halfway for the lone striker to chase (tall skinny chav looking). The newport centre half (brick sh1thouse battle scarred) got to the 50:50 about a pecosecond in front and put ball (just first) striker and all into row Z. No rolling around from the striker just dusted himself off and gave a 'youre claimed chief' glare.

The whole pub went up and the consensus from the locals was if "soccer" was more like that we would watch it.

Nae Mair has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Some years ago i was in my local waiting to watch a sporting event and the 3rd (i think) division playoffs came on before hand. Newport Co. v's Luton . Some sustained Newport pressure was relieved with a hoof to wide halfway for the lone striker to chase (tall skinny chav looking). The newport centre half (brick sh1thouse battle scarred) got to the 50:50 about a pecosecond in front and put ball (just first) striker and all into row Z. No rolling around from the striker just dusted himself off and gave a 'youre claimed chief' glare.

The whole pub went up and the consensus from the locals was if "soccer" was more like that we would watch it.

Nae Mair has a lot to answer for.
    Footballs better when folk are getting smashed* allover the park and getting on with it. Great fun to watch and the way it should be

I'm going to have to search out some lower league when I'm home

*not that I'm saying McKenna smashed anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Footballs better when folk are getting smashed* allover the park and getting on with it. Great fun to watch and the way it should be

I'm going to have to search out some lower league when I'm home

*not that I'm saying McKenna smashed anyone
    To be honest when i was watching it i thought we got away with one- clumsy rather than malicious. But that's not the point Madden saw nothing amis.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast