+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden roll call & ****

Good result against the worst team in the league. Ok performance for parts of the game. McLennan was excellent but seems to have inherited the injury bug that is plaguing our season. Why he has waited so long on that performance seems a mystery. Lowe also did well posing a much bigger threat that McGinn of the last few weeks.

Big Sam and Nicky Maynard (for Bury) both scoring a double on the same day! What would the odds have been on that? Watch Cosgrove go now that he's off the mark!!

What I will say about today’s match is that St.Mirren are absolutely horrendous. Good on Lurch scoring a double as I didn’t think that was ever a possibility. If Gleeson and Forrester play against a team together the opposition must be absolutely honking!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    So Gleeson was the last man and gave the ball away?

Doesn’t matter anyway,a wins a win but I’m sure that won’t stop the glass half empty brigade tonight
    Gleeson played a bad pass straight to Cammy Smith, and basically left our defence wide open - simple pass across to Jackson who finished well. All on Gleeson.

Good win, we move on, it's good our young lads are coming along well. No glass half empty, but reality is we can't afford silly mistakes like that from Gleeson when the bigger matches happen throughout the season. It has to be a concern that the signings of Gleeson and Forrester have been abject thus far, this is countered with McLennan, Ferguson, Anderson and Wright coming along well as young players.

Max Lowe named MOTM .... well deserved, he was excellent. Also impressed by McLennan .... we were poor on the left when he came off, but then again, the could hae been down tae Forrester's non-contribution in that area.

**** me Cosgrove trebled his career tally.

Big task you have taken there Oran min

I wonder if the Hibs fans are going on about how pish Hamilton are?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I wonder if the Hibs fans are going on about how pish Hamilton are?
    I'd imagine they are if it's factual?

Nothing wrong with saying it - St Mirren and Hamilton (along with Dundee) are very poor this season, and teams that Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts will look to dispose of to ensure they are challenging near the top come the end of the season.

It doesn't take away from Aberdeen or Hibs who have to get the job done still, and both did that today in emphatic fashion.

I missed the first half but seen most of the second half. Some good football at times and unfortunately we gave away a daft goal. Cosgrove scoring will have done his confidence a world of good especially scoring a double. Shame to see the young lad injured (McLennan).
    Job done and 3 points collected.

Knew very little about McLennan prior to match but looked really good today, surprised we haven't seen more of him for first team. Lowe was really good and really pleased for big Sam.Team kicked on from sellic game where I thought we were coming together much more.good day at the office

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast