+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: F/A of Elite

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I noticed....Mexico are the world's biggest producer of horse-meat......yet they don't consume any....odd

As of 2005, Mexico was the second largest producer of horse meat in the world.[36] By 2009, it became the largest producer of horse meat in the world.[56] It is only exported as it is not used or consumed in Mexico.[128]
    A lot if it may go into animal feed.

Not you Tarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not you Tarks.
    OK, thanks......I'm just trying to calm everyone down.....I'm hardly a shrinking violet when it comes to a bit of swearing, but tonight it's gone silly....IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RhubarbPie View Post
    Yes.
    Yes to what, Rhubarb? (Post 46)

[QUOTE=RhubarbPie;39051099]1. Horses trotting around a farmers field have almost zero chance of randomly breaking a leg, unlike horses being raced at breakneck speeds bumping into each other in a torrid frenzy, jumping fences higher than a man to who-knows-what on the other side.

The jumps you refer to make a very small percentage of horse racing. In addition the break neck speeds you only tend to find in sprints. You say that a horse has almost zero chance of breaking a leg in a farmers field. A horse has almost zero chance of dying in a horse race. 0.2% in fact.

[QUOTE=Notts78;39051131]
    1. Horses trotting around a farmers field have almost zero chance of randomly breaking a leg, unlike horses being raced at breakneck speeds bumping into each other in a torrid frenzy, jumping fences higher than a man to who-knows-what on the other side.

The jumps you refer to make a very small percentage of horse racing. In addition the break neck speeds you only tend to find in sprints. You say that a horse has almost zero chance of breaking a leg in a farmers field. A horse has almost zero chance of dying in a horse race. 0.2% in fact.
    The chances of the farmers field incident is significantly less than the horse race incident. And the big difference is, if a horse gets injured in a field it's an accident. If it gets injured on the racetrack, it's largely the fault all all who encourage the heinous 'sport'.

I think it best we agree to disagree. I enjoy horse racing, and obviously I would want each runner to return safely after each race. Sadly that isn’t always possible.

The chances of the farmers field incident is significantly less than the horse race incident.
    Another crass comment that proves your total ignorance on the subject. How many people do you think would breed a thoroughbred to stand in a farmer's field?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Another crass comment that proves your total ignorance on the subject. How many people do you think would breed a thoroughbred to stand in a farmer's field?
    Thanks for the insults, Elsie! Helps me know I'm on the right track.

They'll all be standing in farmers fields in a few years time when the country wakes up an realizes that horse racing is abhorrent. And it will be the profits of the horse racing industry that will be paying to rent those farmer's fields.

They'll all be standing in farmers fields in a few years time when the country wakes up an realizes that horse racing is abhorrent. And it will be the profits of the horse racing industry that will be paying to rent those farmer's fields.
    Oh yeah, you never did tell me your plans to get the country's second most popular spectator sport banned (attendances are on the increase by the way, especially among the younger generation).

I would really love to hear them.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast