+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Shay Logan

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I see him more of a replacement for Jack, cycling the ball, adding better strength in midfield
    He'll be an improvement on Jack then, as he's capable of playing more than a sideways pass

It would be great to see Shinnie and Ferguson as a partnership for years to come, even as a part of a 4-4-2 which we should be playing against most teams anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    He was inconsistent throughout his time with us, he always seemed to start the season slowly and improve later on.

His performances down at Dens in his first season and at home to 10 men Sevco in his last season were fvcking woeful - as bad a midfield display as anything Kerr and McDonald produced for us.

If as you said Ferguson will end up playing regularly as one of the 2 holding midfielders then he will be a direct replaccement for McLean. KM stopped being played as an attacking midfielder after we signed Maddison on loan.
    I’m not sure what planet you are living on Mr Greives but if McLean wasn’t played as an attacking midfielder after we signed James Maddison on loan in 2016 where did he play that season considering Shinnie and Jack were our 2 holding midfielders?

Even last season Christie was stuck out on the wing a lot of the time so McLean could play in the no 10 position.

I like Ferguson and think he will end up being a good player for us but I’m not sure how you worked out he has all the attributes you claim he has when we have spent the majority of the season punting long balls from the defence up to the strikers.When we have actually tried to pass the ball we have struggled to string 2 passes together, although I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily down to him.

There’s no way McInnes signed him to replace McLean,infact if his 2 midfield signings Forrester and Gleeson hadn’t turned out to be sh1te I doubt he would have given Ferguson much game time.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m not sure what planet you are living on Mr Greives but if McLean wasn’t played as an attacking midfielder after we signed James Maddison on loan in 2016 where did he play that season considering Shinnie and Jack were our 2 holding midfielders?
    More often than not KM played deeper when Maddison or Christie were in the side.

Where did KM play for the majority of last season ?

I'm nae sure what planet you are on if you think we struggled to string 2 passes together against St Mirren (twice) and Hamilton.

More often than not KM played deeper when Maddison or Christie were in the side.

Where did KM play for the majority of last season ?

I'm nae sure what planet you are on if you think we struggled to string 2 passes together against St Mirren (twice) and Hamilton.
    I don’t know but I would imagine he played as much in the no 10 role as he did in midfield considering Christie was shoehorned out to the wing to accommodate him.That useless tw@t O’Connor played alongside side Shinnie as did Ball and Tansey before he got dropped.

I know we managed to string 2 passes together against St Mirren and Hamilton but as red john would say,it was only St Mirren and Hamilton

Almost all the passes we strung together against Hamilton were along our own 18 yard line.

Great goals but the rest was pitiful to watch.

I don’t know but I would imagine he played as much in the no 10 role as he did in midfield considering Christie was shoehorned out to the wing to accommodate him.That useless tw@t O’Connor played alongside side Shinnie as did Ball and Tansey before he got dropped.

I know we managed to string 2 passes together against St Mirren and Hamilton but as red john would say,it was only St Mirren and Hamilton
    Leave me out of this

Stringing 2 passes together against St.Mirren and Hamilton are not to be scoffed at considering the personnel our esteemed manager had recruited during the close season.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Almost all the passes we strung together against Hamilton were along our own 18 yard line.

Great goals but the rest was pitiful to watch.
    Time to get your eyes checked min

He'll be an improvement on Jack then, as he's capable of playing more than a sideways pass

It would be great to see Shinnie and Ferguson as a partnership for years to come, even as a part of a 4-4-2 which we should be playing against most teams anyway.
    I agree

McLean only put in regular good performances in his last half a season with us is a load of bo11ox.

Ferguson is not a replacement for McLean, he is getting played in a more attacking role because McLeans replacement is not good enough.Ferguson will end up playing as one of the 2 holding midfielders if McInnes actually manages to sign a decent creative midfielder.
    Absolutely agree. McLean is a big miss. Ferguson is good and will continue to improve, but he's a different type of player to McLean and isn't at the level McLean was (yet). Ferguson is definitely better in the 2 holding midfielders. Forrester isn't even making the bench now so I think he'll be off in January and we'll bring in another attacking midfielder.

Worth a bump as I thought Shay had a couple of very decent interceptions tonight.
    Shay is a top bloke and a likeable guy....who couldn’t like a guy that says “f@ck the Rangers”?!

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast