+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Match Report From A Reight Fan

Today's Match Report From A Reight Fan

Noticeable number of empty seats today at Oakwell ........cough !!

It was a tenner ya tight @ss bleedahs , dunt cum moaning to me abart FA cup losing its magic when ya dunt turn up at that price for an hoome game .

That said you missed a great second half , first half was a bit huff and puff although we still managed to miss some relatively easy chances , Woodrow and Moore were the chief culprits .

Notts County looked dangerous on the counter in the first half but lacked confidence and any real belief , a better side would have exploited some worrying gaps down the channels .

Woodrow opened his reds account a couple of minutes in to the second half with a smart volleyed finish after a defensive mix up , nice for the lad to get off the mark and he showed some nice touches with some encouraging link up play with Moore in the second half .

Fryers made it two with a smart finish in to the corner from a flowing reds counter attacking move .

From then on it was a case of how many , County push up seeking to get back in the game and were caught time and time again by the reds on the counter , we could have had 8 easily , some shocking finishing at times , Moore managed to hit the cross bar with an open goal and 4 yards out , oh dear .

He eventually broke down the left and set up Potts for a tap in to make it 3-0 and then grabbed our fourth late on .

A combination of decent goalkeeping and poor finishing kept it to four .

Notts County looked a very poor side in all honesty , top marks to their fans who stuck it out and stayed while the end , they deserve better from their team .

In to the hat for monday night's draw and hopefully a home game against anybody really , not fussed to be honest .

I've noticed that Moore seems to want to break the net instead of a placed shot but I wouldn't care AS long as he gets 20+ goals

Thanks Animal , good report , thas Stalybridge Celtics game next week afta that replacement for Matty n Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Thanks Animal , good report , thas Stalybridge Celtics game next week afta that replacement for Matty n Sky
    Lol , still considering going over to Accrington next week , might give you a report from the home areas .

I watched Lindsay today with interest , up in the east stand top tier I thought I'd give him some attention .

My verdict is , he's bloody awful and Jackson needs to come in in my opinion .

Not one forward pass found a red shirt all afternoon , his positioning at times is dreadful .

He's the weak link at the back for me , very poor performance today and we should be able to bring in better if Jackson doesn't do it either .

I thought that the OP has got it spot on,you deserved the win today and I think that we was lucky to get away with only being beaten 4-0,we are in serious trouble and I'm already concerned about the prospect of relegation
    Good luck in the coming rounds

Good lad CoCo , hope your home safe ? Danny Wilson is available
    nice 4 pts on predictions league today too, keep on predicting , your welcome , your not allowed to winit tho ,,
    Last edited by Romared; 10-11-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I thought that the OP has got it spot on,you deserved the win today and I think that we was lucky to get away with only being beaten 4-0,we are in serious trouble and I'm already concerned about the prospect of relegation
    Good luck in the coming rounds
    Once you went a goal down it was difficult for your lads in all honesty .

Because it was a cup tie you had to push forward and try and get back in the game which unfortunately played straight in to our hands because counter attacking is what we do .

In a league game maybe Kewell would have played the game differently and put more men behind the ball and not played so openly .

You could say Kewell was a little naive but I'd say because it was a cup tie he went for broke .

I'd personally be very sad to see such an historic club get relegated from league two and I sincerely hope that doesn't happen .

I heard Kewell on Radio Nottingham say that we was taking a strong team and going to play football "our way",I almost did a U turn there and then and headed home but went anyway
    I can't remember us having a single shot on target but I prayed that maybe it was one of those games where you get a lucky goal and get an underserved win....but then you scored and I just psyched myself up for the onslaught
    I was impressed by Barnsley today,there was only going to be one winner and the gulf between our two clubs is massive

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I heard Kewell on Radio Nottingham say that we was taking a strong team and going to play football "our way",I almost did a U turn there and then and headed home but went anyway
    I can't remember us having a single shot on target but I prayed that maybe it was one of those games where you get a lucky goal and get an underserved win....but then you scored and I just psyched myself up for the onslaught
    I was impressed by Barnsley today,there was only going to be one winner and the gulf between our two clubs is massive
    Just down to money mate that's all , no magic formula really , at this level we enjoy a very good budget backed by a decent fan base .

Up in the championship we are minnows and really up against it .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast