+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCM dispair

NCM dispair

Logged on today for the first time in a while to catch up on NCM. Interested though I am in the Brexit debate, its a bit disheartening that an OT thread is currently at 10 pages and 178 responses, whilst there's virtually no comment on football

I know its tough times to be a Notts fan, but its a bit demoralising.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    Logged on today for the first time in a while to catch up on NCM. Interested though I am in the Brexit debate, its a bit disheartening that an OT thread is currently at 10 pages and 178 responses, whilst there's virtually no comment on football

I hope you voted out

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I hope you voted out
    Only for Duffy and Jones up to yet

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Only for Duffy and Jones up to yet
    and Brisley... How did Nolan overlook the fact that 30 year old plus defenders are a year older and a year slower...... Best defence in the league, so we'll concentrate on attack....

In short the defence can leave, but I'd like to remain. Actually with a season ticket, there's not much option. Though I'll be first in the queue to buy one for next season as usual.

A nasty circle imo mate, the prolific number of OT political threads on here since the "Brexit" vote has driven so many football/Notts posters away that the forum now relies on them to survive. Maybe when/if things pick up on the pitch the football content will improve in line but as it stands this is not my idea of a "Notts Forum" & I am rapidly aligning myself with the posters who waste less of their time on here!!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    A nasty circle imo mate, the prolific number of OT political threads on here since the "Brexit" vote has driven so many football/Notts posters away that the forum now relies on them to survive. Maybe when/if things pick up on the pitch the football content will improve in line but as it stands this is not my idea of a "Notts Forum" & I am rapidly aligning myself with the posters who waste less of their time on here!!
    " A nasty circle" . Just people using a platform to air their views. Long live OT posts.
    Last edited by navypie; 06-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Do these posters not go to the pub either because there might be conversations going on that they’re not interested in?

On the front page there are 3 OT's (1 of them about a football film) and 17 about football, virtually all about Notts.

Not disheartening at all.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    On the front page there are 3 OT's (1 of them about a football film) and 17 about football, virtually all about Notts.

Not disheartening at all.
    Exactly there's quite alot about Notts plus now Ardleys news has died down then a whupping away to Mansfield ain't something to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    " A nasty circle" . Just people using a platform to air their views. Long live OT posts.
    A poor choice of words I agree navy,this forum has always had & I hope will continue to have OT posts, however the last couple of years have seen many good,regular football posters move away from the site as they have become much more frequent & repetitive imo. We have also had an influx of posters,many from across the river, yourself & Tarks for example to bolster the already political/argumentative posters on here, at the end of the day there are thousands of political forums to choose from but only a few where you can chat to fellow Notts fans. Long live Notts posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast