+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye i get the airmiles from work. Three perks from work, airmiles,sun and most importantly the month aff. The only reasons im sticking it out

Not saving up for anything in particular but i do really want to go and watch Penarol one day. So may blast the miles on that

Sporting Lisbon v Belenenses next week

I said at the start of the season i would definatley do Livi as i have never been. Booked Lisbon before the fixtures were out. Typical it lands on the day i leave
    PAC min, get Livi ticked off when you can as you will find it like I do.....pretty soulless and leave you scope for adventures elsewhere.

Enjoy the Sporting game, I don’t go to Portugal apart from golf normally, however they don’t half produce some decent sides.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    PAC min, get Livi ticked off when you can as you will find it like I do.....pretty soulless and leave you scope for adventures elsewhere.

Enjoy the Sporting game, I don’t go to Portugal apart from golf normally, however they don’t half produce some decent sides.

SF
    I do need to tick it off. For some reason it eluded me during their previous Prem years, same goes for Hamilton which i imagine is as sh@t

Im halfway through my top 40 with photo now so they both need to be done at some point

I do need to tick it off. For some reason it eluded me during their previous Prem years, same goes for Hamilton which i imagine is as sh@t

Im halfway through my top 40 with photo now so they both need to be done at some point
    Hamilton is a sh1t ground, however the town itself is better than Livi, I do miss the old grounds like Douglas Park though......replaced by a “structure”

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Hamilton is a sh1t ground, however the town itself is better than Livi, I do miss the old grounds like Douglas Park though......replaced by a “structure”

SF
    I love the old grounds. Cappielow is f@cking fantastic. Id much rather visit there than a new build.

I love the old grounds. Cappielow is f@cking fantastic. Id much rather visit there than a new build.
    I never thought i would read:
    " Cappielow is f@cking fantastic "
    Hope the local train stations have improved in the last 30 years.
    Back in the day when the Clyde was particularly high tide there was a danger of sewage coming up through the pitch as it was below high tide and all the drainage from the Gibby ran under the pitch.
    Jim Toldie?

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I never thought i would read:
    " Cappielow is f@cking fantastic "
    Hope the local train stations have improved in the last 30 years.
    Back in the day when the Clyde was particularly high tide there was a danger of sewage coming up through the pitch as it was below high tide and all the drainage from the Gibby ran under the pitch.
    Jim Toldie?
    I drove. The Clyde was high too.

I can report there was nae butt mud on the pitch

There was however an exploded floodlight bulb that held up the game for 7 mins

I agree Cappielow is something else.
    You can smell the tradition & slice the atmosphere.
    It just exemplifies the unique brand that is Scottish fitba'.
    Hope to **** tho that we don't have to be going there much longer

There's nothing wrong with Livvy's ground apart from the location (and now the pitch)...sometimes you need to look beyond cliche

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think this has potential to be one of the worst games of football ever played.
    Haha you may well be right. Can't remember who it was against (Hamilton I suspect) but I remember watching us in a game on a plastic pitch in the middle of winter a few seasons ago and it was beyond atrocious. At one point there was a ricochet on the half way line and the ball bounced so hard on the ground it ended up going out for a goal kick. Sticks in my mind as it was so ridiculous.

If we get through the game without anyone picking up injury from the pitch or opposition players, we'll be doing well - if we get 3 points I'll be impressed. Fingers crossed - but definitely not expecting a classic!

Cappielow is a sh1tehole. It’s not the tradition you’re smelling, it’s the sweatiest home support in Scottish Football. They used to have this greasy smug arrogant tosser in midfield back in the mid 90s. Wonder what ever happened to him?

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast