+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good deal?, bad deal? ,not championship standard

Good deal?, bad deal? ,not championship standard

After yesterday's ins and outs , am not sure if it was a good deal or not , not long ago most of pontys chants were , potts ya ****e potts ya wxxnk,, and for last few weeks he not been up 2 scratch if people are honest , yes band timing but we got players who can step into role , so I decided its quiet a astute deal , he won't be any good in championship and let's be fare Preston, we won't here the word potts again for a long while, until.they sell.him 2 a league 1 side cos that's is standard ., on good note Woodrow now that man as passion and willing 2 learn and will be championship standard all day long .

Quote Originally Posted by Joydolan View Post
    After yesterday's ins and outs , am not sure if it was a good deal or not , not long ago most of pontys chants were , potts ya ****e potts ya wxxnk,, and for last few weeks he not been up 2 scratch if people are honest , yes band timing but we got players who can step into role , so I decided its quiet a astute deal , he won't be any good in championship and let's be fare Preston, we won't here the word potts again for a long while, until.they sell.him 2 a league 1 side cos that's is standard ., on good note Woodrow now that man as passion and willing 2 learn and will be championship standard all day long .
    Yeah Potts divided opinion but you can't argue that the majority of the time he played we won. Also if he played well, the team played well. His first thought was always to go forward not sideways or backwards like Mcgeehan, Mowatt and Dougall. I just hope Mowatt will drive forward more now.

I agree about Woodrow he's class.

Not a Potts fan then ? My opinion for what it's worth , I would rather have sold Moore , we play better when he is out , Potts like most has his faults , he does however , gets goals and assists, The Stendel pressing style will now be tested , we've lost a good player who fitted that style, I hope McGeehan can step up , or possibly a new face , we will miss them long surging runs that Potts made , I hope the Lad moves on well in his career , Opinions eh !!!

Very true , juat had a feeling a while ago that is heart is wasent quite in it , mabey they and he new when window was open he would be sold ?? , wonder what system we will adapt now , could play moncur in more advance role using is creativity to slot the ball.through for woodrow and Moore.

Potts set the tempo with his forward runs and we needed him because we haven’t a midfielder who can deliver that defense splitting forward pass, I think we can expect a few more square passes from now on.

My opinion a,very average division 1 player, tbh I would love 2 see nippy winger ,we have no width, you cannot play everything through the middle, agree though moore should have gone first ,and people won't like this but cash in now and get a more mobile tall centre forward who can hold ball better than moore , in the end of day we haven't missed him and team is more fluent now .

Quote Originally Posted by Joydolan View Post
    My opinion a,very average division 1 player, tbh I would love 2 see nippy winger ,we have no width, you cannot play everything through the middle, agree though moore should have gone first ,and people won't like this but cash in now and get a more mobile tall centre forward who can hold ball better than moore , in the end of day we haven't missed him and team is more fluent now .
    Have you anyone in mind to replace Moore ? We missed a trick a few seasons back , Bradley Dack , not a centre forward mind but a possible signing , seems like another Gills player Tom Eaves is now well beyond us , frustrating ,,

Woodrow wo signed last August azza replacement for Bradshaw.

Goat ez re-announced the signing to try to pillak fans that he is replacing Potts. The fact is, so far, there iz no replacement for Potts in the squad. We are one attacking player darn in an already thin attack. If Moore and Thiam go Woodrow al be laikin up front on his own.

Woodrow looks class--too good forrus medium/long term.

I'd like to see these "new" lads--Woodrow, Bahre, Dougall up against Championship players ivvery week. It is a bit easier fo them in a successful side against Third Division opponents.

Omar boggle would be my shout , strong quick and direct..could get for around £60000

No team serious about promotion sells a major player from their team in January, it was a stupid and greedy decision regardless of whether you liked him or not.
    We should have seen this coming though when they started playing Brown in Pottsies position, again rather than bring someone in we will go for the cheap option of teaching a youth Striker to play on the wing? Frankly when fit we have a better player than Potts to fill the position in Isgrove.
    I feel let down yet again? Don’t get me wrong I know we are a selling club and our mandate is to bring in youth to sell at a profit, but jeopardising our promotion chances like this is unforgivable, I don’t want to hear the Goat rubbish coming from the club about sustainability because Promotion instantly brings better finances, this was purely grab the money while we can because it was a healthy profit and sod the fans.
    It makes me really angry because of the money I fork out travelling all over the country to watch them and all they seem to be bothered about is lining their pockets and yes nothing has changed from the Cryne era!
    I will give them till the end of January to bolster the squad sufficiently and will most likely continue to support them until the seasons end, however if we sell anyone else I will review if I do go and if we now drop away and end up out of the race, I will become an armchair SKY watching supporter in the future as I will not be taken for a mug by the club again, as I was was when they sold half the team when we were capable of making at least the play off’s in the Championship a couple of seasons ago!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast