+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is Paul Warne unable to attract players

is Paul Warne unable to attract players

this isn't critism and I'm sure he has a good reputation but is Paul Warne the most unatractive name in the championship.

would you rather play for Paul Lambert been bottom of the league

or for Paul Warne 4th from bottom.

I think you'll find players are more willing to play for Matthew Boulton and James Watt than they are for Winston Churchill and Jane Austen.

Regardless of who their manager is or their league position Ipswich can pay more than double on wages than we can......it’s no more complicated than that really

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Regardless of who their manager is or their league position Ipswich can pay more than double on wages than we can......it’s no more complicated than that really
    I'm sure that you're correct. However, the 5 players Ipswich have just signed are all on loan so the wages shouldn't be an issue.
    If it's true that Quaner was lined up for us but chose to go to Ipswich instead then surely it must be for reasons other than wages?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    this isn't critism and I'm sure he has a good reputation but is Paul Warne the most unatractive name in the championship.

would you rather play for Paul Lambert been bottom of the league

or for Paul Warne 4th from bottom.
    Personally and speaking if I was a pro footballer I would sign for Ipswich Town , they have a better history , they are a bigger club and more than likely they will pay me more money than Rotherham .

Nothing to do with who stands in the technical area .

Just for balance if I had the choice between Doncaster Rovers or Rotherham I'd choose the millers because you are a bigger club and have a better recent history .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 12-01-2019 at 06:42 PM.

I read an interview with the lad and he stated that one of the key factors for him was he would be playing in a strikers role. Maybe Warne was wanting him to play out wide or second fiddle to Smith.

[QUOTE=animallittle3;39112506]Personally and speaking if I was a pro footballer I would sign for Ipswich Town , they have a better history , they are a bigger club and more than likely they will pay me more money than Rotherham .

Nothing to do with who stands in the technical area .

Just for balance if I had the choice between Doncaster Rovers or Rotherham I'd choose the millers because you are a bigger club and have a better recent

I disagree who your manager-boss is going to be and the reputation he has..has a big influenx on people not just in football but I'm every working job.

I'm sure you have bosses-formans you prefer were you work to others

I know I do

Even with their win today Ipswich have a huge task to avoid the drop which makes it even more frustrating.
    Most o f them are loans or short term deals so I suppose they know they can walk away in May

[QUOTE=welovebooth;39112574]
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I disagree who your manager-boss is going to be and the reputation he has..has a big influenx on people not just in football but I'm every working job.

I'm sure you have bosses-formans you prefer were you work to others

I know I do
    I think everything else being equal that is probably true, but in our case all the other things (money, location, club history) are not equal so it's a moot point. Do you think they would have signed for us if Lambert was our manager?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think you'll find players are more willing to play for Matthew Boulton and James Watt than they are for Winston Churchill and Jane Austen.

CAM I will need some Persuasion that there is any Sense or Sensibility in speculating whether players would rather struggle with Pride and Prejudice for Mr Warne or fight on the beaches for Mr Churchill. I choose not to get steamed up about the relative merits of Messrs Boulton and Watt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast