+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movies

Its worked

I definatley still would

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Its worked

I definatley still would
    Seen her new film about escaping those nasty things by being blindfolded? Sh*te but I would to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    There was always a,Saturday matinee at Stirling Picture House . My mum and dad used to pap me and my brother into it when they did the shopping.the films were usually terrible. Went to see a film I think was called When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth. I was about ten. I think it was a very cheap and dubbed rip off of the Rachel (forgotten how to spell her name) Welsh film where she was running about in a fur bikini .Now that was a proper woman.

Anyhoo. T wenty minutes in and after the second *** scene my brother and I were the only ones left in the Cinema after all the families there had walked out. We of course had to stay to the end.

Yes, I remember that one.
    1,000,000 years BC was by far the better film ( I never actually counted the zeros)

Even that was beaten by The Vikings.
    Best scene ever filmed was when they ran up the oars.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Yes, I remember that one.
    1,000,000 years BC was by far the better film ( I never actually counted the zeros)

Even that was beaten by The Vikings.
    Best scene ever filmed was when they ran up the oars.
    Great film but Tony Curtis was a fairly unlikely Viking!
    Actually the Sound of Music might explain the Kenny McLean love in?

I don't think Kenny McLean ever had anything to do with nuns.

Tony Curtis delivered the worst line ever heard on film.

"Prepare a funeral for a viking"

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I don't think Kenny McLean ever had anything to do with nuns.

Tony Curtis delivered the worst line ever heard on film.

"Prepare a funeral for a viking"
    Might have like a musical though or Broadway production?

I would have liked to have seen Apocalypse Now and Bladerunner when they first came out on the big screen.

I would have liked to have seen Apocalypse Now and Bladerunner when they first came out on the big screen.
    Apocalypse Now Redux on the big screen would have been great.

Any of the Hitchock late 50s colour films would have been special.

I doubt there would have been anything as special as watching the Wizard of Oz at the pictures. Nothing quite like it, even now.

I went to see Clockwork Orange when it got it's proper release sometime in 1999 I think. That was pretty special.

I've lots of great memories going to the pictures. I went every Saturday to a kids club thing where they would play loads of pish from when they ran the club in the 60s. Didn't matter. I loved everything about it. Fruit Pastels in a box, girl with the ice cream tray (ended up marrying my first wife who did that job at school) sticky carpets (not related) and the Pearl and Dean tune.

Saving Private Ryan was pretty ****ed up on the big screen. Felt queezy after the first scenes. Last film I went to see that had an interval.

The GFT is great for film buffs like myself. Old school cinema and atmosphere. Recently went to see Escape from New York there.

I haven't watched a really, really good film at the cinema since Whiplash. That I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Apocalypse Now Redux on the big screen would have been great.

Any of the Hitchock late 50s colour films would have been special.

I doubt there would have been anything as special as watching the Wizard of Oz at the pictures. Nothing quite like it, even now.

I went to see Clockwork Orange when it got it's proper release sometime in 1999 I think. That was pretty special.

I've lots of great memories going to the pictures. I went every Saturday to a kids club thing where they would play loads of pish from when they ran the club in the 60s. Didn't matter. I loved everything about it. Fruit Pastels in a box, girl with the ice cream tray (ended up marrying my first wife who did that job at school) sticky carpets (not related) and the Pearl and Dean tune.

Saving Private Ryan was pretty ****ed up on the big screen. Felt queezy after the first scenes. Last film I went to see that had an interval.

The GFT is great for film buffs like myself. Old school cinema and atmosphere. Recently went to see Escape from New York there.

I haven't watched a really, really good film at the cinema since Whiplash. That I can think of.
    Escape from New York a favourite of mine. Went to the Gft with my wife over Xmas period. Unfortunately it was A Star Is Born. Her choice. I was surprised they were showing it. I went to the toilet 20 mins in . I didn't go back in and spent the rest of the time at the bar. Not popular with the missus but it was worth it . The film was fecking brutal ☺

Escape from New York a favourite of mine. Went to the Gft with my wife over Xmas period. Unfortunately it was A Star Is Born. Her choice. I was surprised they were showing it. I went to the toilet 20 mins in . I didn't go back in and spent the rest of the time at the bar. Not popular with the missus but it was worth it . The film was fecking brutal ☺
    I did something very similar when Mrs OBC and myself went to the Edinburgh Playhouse to see Cats (Not my idea). The beer prices were scary but not as bad as sitting through that pish.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast