+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS membership

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    But Islay must know better, he read the DFCSS website from a far
    Or are the missing minutes in the Western Isles? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    All very nice Islay but some poimts to consider.....

1. Starting with 85k and ending with 35k is still a loss

2. There was room in the players to still cut that extra out if chosen to do so but the preference was to try to win football matches

And the more important ones for this topic....

3. The CVA would have been approved either way, other funding would have been available

4. DFCSS did not have the 150k required and needed the help of one individual plus the club to get that at the last minute

5. 4 is easily checked by asking DFCSS

6. If it wasn’t for the determination of other people to help DFCSS would have really messed it up in their efforts to be in control and in fact in December after Admin 2 they no longer sat in the Chairman’s seat because of it
    Hi hmac,
    Thank you for your comments.
    It is a lot easier for you to post your information as you were Chief Executive of Dundee Football Club at the time of Admin 2. I can only go by what that I read in the newspapers as I did not have a computer at that time.
    I remember reading the board of directors meetings up to and before Admin 2 which I enjoyed reading in the DFCSS website. It is very disappointing that these minutes are no longer on the website.
    I would be happy if you could clarify.
    Did DFCSS have the money in their bank account to hand over to Bryan Jackson when requested to pay the creditors.
    Did DFCSS have the money to make their final agreed payment at the end of the 2010-11 season.
    From memory I seem to remember the board of DFCSS committing to raising £250k for that season including the £150k payment to the administrator.
    Perhaps the Chief Executive was being paid too high a salary during Admin 2 and he should have taken a pay cut. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    Or are the missing minutes in the Western Isles? ��
    I do not live in the Western Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    But Islay must know better, he read the DFCSS website from a far
    I enjoyed reading the minutes of the minutes before they disappeared as it let me see all that was going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi hmac,
    Thank you for your comments.
    It is a lot easier for you to post your information as you were Chief Executive of Dundee Football Club at the time of Admin 2. I can only go by what that I read in the newspapers as I did not have a computer at that time.
    I remember reading the board of directors meetings up to and before Admin 2 which I enjoyed reading in the DFCSS website. It is very disappointing that these minutes are no longer on the website.
    Did DFCSS have the money in their bank account to hand over to Bryan Jackson when requested to pay the creditors.
    Did DFCSS have the money to make their final agreed payment at the end of the 2010-11 season.
    From memory I seem to remember the board of DFCSS committing to raising £250k for that season including the £150k payment to the administrator.
    Perhaps the Chief Executive was being paid too high a salary during Admin 2 and he should have taken a pay cut. ��
    now I know why you don't do humour! Islay, hmac is telling you what happened. He will not be alone in having this knowledge. The club was saved by many people and it, obviously, was not all down to DFCSS. However, the continuing part of that effort is that DFCSS hold these A shares which they need to use for the benefit of ALL THE FANS, and THE CLUB. That was where this thread began, DFCSS consulting their membership about what to do about the A shares that they hold.

islaydarkblue ,

Answer - I’m not 100% certain, certainly one week prior they did not. I would need to check this one bit from memory they needed 30k on the last day which they got from an individual

Answer - I don’t even recall this payment?

Answer - They were short of that but again that’ll be in their minutes?

Perhaps the Chief Executive was being paid too high a salary during Admin 2 and he should have taken a pay cut.😀

Answer - I think his salary was on public record but he took a pay cut from his job to become Business Development Manager, no salary increase to become Commercial Director and no salary increase to become CEO. Contrary to the lie in the statutory accounts he also never received any kind of bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    now I know why you don't do humour! Islay, hmac is telling you what happened. He will not be alone in having this knowledge. The club was saved by many people and it, obviously, was not all down to DFCSS. However, the continuing part of that effort is that DFCSS hold these A shares which they need to use for the benefit of ALL THE FANS, and THE CLUB. That was where this thread began, DFCSS consulting their membership about what to do about the A shares that they hold.
    That’s exactly why I’m able to say some of the things BCram. Everything posted is verifiable by either then DFC Directors or DFCSS Directors and will not be refuted by any of them.
    Dee4Life or DFCSS have never been the problem, it was individuals who infiltrated those organisations for their own benefit who were the problem.

There is big difference between shares having a nominal value and what they are worth.
    The Dundee Football Club Limited shares are listed as 1p shares but in recent years they have valued at up to 1.54p each.
    From memory I think that the society currently own 25,323,598 Ordinary shares and 15,475,294 A shares. Assuming that each share is worth 1p each the total value of both the ordinary shares and the A shares would be over £400,000.
    However if Dundee Football Club Limited went into liquidation the shares would be worth nothing.
    So, I'll ask again, how much did DFCSS want for these A-shares they offered to sell? Is there a problem with you divulging this info, is it a secret? And that is some memory

If DFCSS had not handed over £150,000 to Bryan Jackson to pay the creditors at an agreed rate of 6p in the £ it is in my opinion possible that Bryan Jackson would not have got the required 75%+ creditors voting in favour of the CVA. The club would have gone into liquidation.
    Giving money to the club and handing money over to the administrator Bryan Jackson to pay the creditors are two totally different things.
    I suggest that you read Bryan Jackson report on the Companies House website listing details of the income and expenditure by the club during the period when we entered Admin 2 in October 2010 until the end of the season in May 2011. It is an eye opener.
    Despite cutting expenditure and the number of players to the bone the surplus at the end of the 2010-11 season was £35,369.60 and if there had not been £85,000 in the club bank account when we entered Admin 2 in October 2010 their would have been a loss.
    I suggest that you read Notice of end of Administration dated 18th May 2011 which explains everything. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=4
    Why do you keep replying to posts you haven't read? And even if DFCSS did hand over money to Jackson, it wasn't raised by them, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    So, I'll ask again, how much did DFCSS want for these A-shares they offered to sell? Is there a problem with you divulging this info, is it a secret? And that is some memory
    I do not know the answer to your question.
    I have a good memory about things that are important to me. I also purchased the Memories Book which is an excellent source of information. Companies House is also an excellent source of information.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)