+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Well stop telling porkies then
    Is that you giving up on your daft conspiracy theory?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Colliers those are Junckers words the telegraph are simply reporting on them .

Unfortunately Mr C that's out of my hands given 432 MP's had a deal which enabled us to leave the EU and honour the referendum result and they declined to do so .

However what ever tactic is getting played out here I'm prepared to put my big boys trousers on and face whatever rather than be forced to accept staying in .
    Surely your time would be better spent campaigning within your Labour Party than on here?

You mention the Lisbon Treaty every now and then and encourage others to read it. Have you?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Is that you giving up on your daft conspiracy theory?
    KERR, unlike a lot on here I actually enjoy your posts because you offer a different view point to others to consider, but I do think your being a touch naughty with this as you are clearly intelligent and educated enough to realise that the moment the vote was taken to leave the Tories would have sat down and strategised.
    That strategy would have taken into account all possibilities and end results to ensure achieving what was wanted(or nearest outcome).

Now having said that you have to admit that despite people’s opinion, May and her cohorts are intelligent people and it is hard to believe that they could make such a hash of the current process.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, this was written over a bowl of porridge ��

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I reckon I agree with most of that KS but the thing that puzzles me is what would we do if the vote [if there ever was one] turned out similarly to the last one, although polls suggest the leave majority would increase, in any event the issues before us would still be the same, so how do you then proceed
    Exile I think a second referendum result should stand regardless of the result on the grounds that anyone who has taken an interest cannot claim to be lacking understanding of the issues after more than two years negotiating,.Unlike the nonsense were fed by both sides during the original so called referendum campaign

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    Exile I think a second referendum result should stand regardless of the result on the grounds that anyone who has taken an interest cannot claim to be lacking understanding of the issues after more than two years negotiating,.Unlike the nonsense were fed by both sides during the original so called referendum campaign
    Yes I know but how do we then proceed if the result was the same or are you assuming like Cameron did that we will vote to remain?

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    KERR, unlike a lot on here I actually enjoy your posts because you offer a different view point to others to consider, but I do think your being a touch naughty with this as you are clearly intelligent and educated enough to realise that the moment the vote was taken to leave the Tories would have sat down and strategised.
    That strategy would have taken into account all possibilities and end results to ensure achieving what was wanted(or nearest outcome).

Now having said that you have to admit that despite people’s opinion, May and her cohorts are intelligent people and it is hard to believe that they could make such a hash of the current process.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, this was written over a bowl of porridge ��
    No, I don’t think the Tories would have sat down and strategised. They are as divided as Labour when it comes to Europe, which is unsurprising given that the country is divided, as demonstrated by the 48:52% split in the referendum. Leavers have a number of different versions of what Brexit should look like and the Tories, within whom a majority favour Leave, split into a number of different factions as did the Cabinet, until May got them together at Chequers and took control of the process.

As we saw last week, many Tories do not support May’s version of Leaving and Labour simply want a General Election and will do anything to try to they get there, regardless of collateral damage to the country.

As for making a hash of the process, I’d say that May probably did the best that she could, given the divisions within her party, Parliament and the country.

I don't believe in goblins, elves or Tory Grandees.

Can’t say that I spotted any spelling mistakes, but, then again, I’m not petty enough to look. Do you make your porridge with rolled oats or do you use one of the ‘instant’ products? I love the real stuff, but is hard to make the time to prepare it

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    I think your post is cobblers in two ways.

Firstly, you may say that you think that the results of a further referendum should be final and you might even believe it, but, I think there would be plenty of people on both sides of the debate who would not accept the outcome if it didn’t go their way.

Secondly, I think it nonsense to suggest that people have an understanding of the issues. I have heard people say they want the Norway model – as favoured by many Labour MPs – but who, upon questioning, have no understanding of what it means (basically it involves taking the worst parts of being in and adding them to the worst parts of being out and putting them together). Labour supporters bang on about remaining in the customs union (presumably having checked in with Momentum to find out what they are supposed to think), but, again, when asked, can’t explain the implications of that.

As for Canada ++ - as favoured by some Tories - I have met only one person who can explain what that means (not bad, but probably difficult to negotiate).
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 21-01-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Diane Abbott on QT tonight

Fecking hell !!!

Great local MP absolutely dog shyte front bencher .

Do me a favour Diane , fuq off , please .
    Here you go animal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46943667

Apparently Abbot isn’t hopeless. It’s the mainstream media up to their old tricks. I’m surprised that you didn’t pick up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Here you go animal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46943667

Apparently Abbot isn’t hopeless. It’s the mainstream media up to their old tricks. I’m surprised that you didn’t pick up on that.
    I don't always agree kerr Avon but I do on this post about Diane Abbot, I said on a previous post what I thought and refer you to that, it's obvious to anyone that Fonia Bruce was against Diane Abbot just like other BBC political presenters especially "Brilo"
    Andrew Neil who incidentley is chairman of the right wing properganderist rag The Spectator but I see he as had it taken of his Wikipedia since chalanged by Owen Jones on This Week.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    I don't always agree kerr Avon but I do on this post about Diane Abbot, I said on a previous post what I thought and refer you to that, it's obvious to anyone that Fonia Bruce was against Diane Abbot just like other BBC political presenters especially "Brilo"
    Andrew Neil who incidentley is chairman of the right wing properganderist rag The Spectator but I see he as had it taken of his Wikipedia since chalanged by Owen Jones on This Week.

Apparently Abbot isn’t hopeless. It’s the mainstream media up to their old tricks. I’m surprised that you didn’t pick up on that.[/quote]

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings Mr C but that was a Kerrism ie a p!ss take

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast