+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 168 of 209 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree.
    It would be very interesting to have such a gung-ho approach and see the reaction if Celtic then picked us off at will.
    Of course we may get a goal as Kilmarnock did recently (pen though) when they were humped 5-1 recently, hitting the post twice as well.
    It would be an interesting reaction in here.
    So we will just sit off and let them stomp a mud hole in us and get beat as always

Second it is then

Go us

Last edited by Pacman1903; 29-01-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    So we will just sit off and let them stomp a mud hole in us and get beat as always

Second it is then

Go us

Things are looking a bit ropey for the #4in4out but we'll see

3 out - Lowe, Tansey & Forrester
    2 in - Lowe & Stewart

(I'm allowed to count Lowe as both as he was all but leaving)

A loan out and one in I'd be fairly confident of this week. Looking doubtful for another signing

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Things are looking a bit ropey for the #4in4out but we'll see

3 out - Lowe, Tansey & Forrester
    2 in - Lowe & Stewart

(I'm allowed to count Lowe as both as he was all but leaving)

A loan out and one in I'd be fairly confident of this week. Looking doubtful for another signing
    You mentioned on the other ****ey forum that Wilson is in talks with Aston Villa?
    Wind up surely?

Correct. Read it again...,

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Correct. Read it again...,
    The cold must be getting to me, or I’m thick?
    What am I missing?

Edit - I scrolled down

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Second it is then

Go us

Who’s saying that? not me.
    I sometimes wonder if you’ve really played the game, else you played at a level where it was too easy and could have played at a higher level and tested yourself.

In a team with significantly fewer resources than the champions, we all aspire to beat them, but it’s nativity or amateurish to think that we can go toe to toe with them and come out on top more.
    We may get the odd win and I get that it would be more passionate, but I’d be certain we’d get a lot more heavy defeats from them too.

I have been frustrated by some of the performances against Celtic and Rangers but I think the hypothesis that these results are a primarily due to a failure of approach and tactics is flawed. Of course it's a factor but it's easy to isolate one factor and attribute everything to it when it supports your conclusion.

The performances against Rangers last season were unacceptable but, last season aside, our return against them hasn't been bad since their promotion and has included two wins at a venue where we hadn't previously won since the early 90s.

Similarly, our record against Celtic under Rodgers has been poor but we've had plenty of strong performances against Celtic under McInnes. Were we not trying to win when we beat them in the Scottish Cup in 2014? How about when we beat them twice at home in 2015/2016? Even the "6 pointer" at Parkhead in 2015 which we lost 4-0; we were the much better team in the first half and if we had scored the first goal the result might very well have been different. The reality is that player for player we are simply weaker than Celtic. I think the question is whether we turn up for big games rather than whether the team has been set out to win.

Ragnarok I sort of get your point and I am by no means a McInnis hater - in fact I think all things considered he has done a sterling job and continues to do so. I think it is tactics ( and to a lesser extent attitude ). Firstly tactics , sadly McInnis is defensive and while maybe it is understandable when playing Celtic as they do have better players why not have a go ( we lose anyway so why not go down swinging ). Take the game to them. Against Rangers being defensive is just unacceptable. They are no great shakes and player for player are no better than us so play them hard. I know some say has ‘outfoxed’ Gerrard but sitting back and relying on lucky breaks is not us. And on attitude , McInnis needs to instil real belief in his players. I think he talks them down too much.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Who’s saying that? not me.
    I sometimes wonder if you’ve really played the game, else you played at a level where it was too easy and could have played at a higher level and tested yourself.

In a team with significantly fewer resources than the champions, we all aspire to beat them, but it’s nativity or amateurish to think that we can go toe to toe with them and come out on top more.
    We may get the odd win and I get that it would be more passionate, but I’d be certain we’d get a lot more heavy defeats from them too.
    Apologies I forgot you were a footballing master brain

Why? (the bold bit). Young Boys Bern, Rijeka, Leicester in very recent history have managed in their leagues. Young Boys are well and truly pissing the league this season too.

You suffer from the same inferiority complex as too many folk do including the manager

the pigs are not as good as they once were, last season poor, this season poor.

Our record v Brenda is nothing short of a f@cking disgrace because we are set up with fear. We are set up negatively. We are not set up to win. Why the f@ck would the second best team in the country not set up to win v the best team. You can back the manager to the hilt all you want but he is falling way short attitude wise here. He is very scared of celtic. As said above. We get beat anyway. Go down fighting instead of limping.But I could almost guarantee we would get more points off them and not go down as much as we currently do. But we don't. So lets bow to the champions instead

Last edited by Pacman1903; 30-01-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Page 168 of 209 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast