+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi roll call Match thread and sh1t

It’s amazing we are still accepting drawing with Livingston at home. That’s the modern Aberdeen fans for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Still doesnt explain what they have to do with anything.
    Imagine working to provide Pac...stick in. There's plenty who don't have the minerals to do your routine.

Two points from nine against St.Mirren, Hamilton and Livingston is nowhere near good enough. We were stale yesterday. Not creating nearly enough chances at home is disappointing but almost as disappointing is that our ‘game management’ seems to have deserted us. Do we still miss The Rat’s control on the team?

Still doesnt explain what they have to do with anything.
    Indeed.......fact!.....perhaps that irony is lost on your good self....

Details can be facts

Havent won at home in 2019 in the league- Fact
    We have played three terrible teams in the at run- Fact
    We were three off the top at Christmas- Fact
    We are 18 off the top now-Fact
    We finished 9 behind last year-Fact
    There is regression in the league-Fact
    We are battling with Kilmarnock for 3rd- Fact
    I thought you guys didn’t think the league matters.
    Finishing second meant nothing. Qualifying from Europe meant nothing.
    Changed days it seems.

This season, weve lacked creativity especially at home, but have knocked out SevCo from both cups.
    We need to deliver our best for the 14th April. Win that and we’re in the final again with a great chance to win the Scottish cup.
    I’ll happily finish Lower in the league if we win the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Changed days it seems.

This season, weve lacked creativity especially at home, but have knocked out SevCo from both cups.
    We need to deliver our best for the 14th April. Win that and we’re in the final again with a great chance to win the Scottish cup.
    I’ll happily finish Lower in the league if we win the cup.
    Is it too much to ask for us to do both? Win league games and cup games?

What's so frustrating this season is that we've improved against the OF, but are slipping up in games we would've been winning 90% of the time in the last 2-3 seasons. If we'd converted just a handful of the poor results against these teams into victories this season we'd be ahead of Rangers and probably closer to Celtic than we were at this point last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

What's so frustrating this season is that we've improved against the OF, but are slipping up in games we would've been winning 90% of the time in the last 2-3 seasons. If we'd converted just a handful of the poor results against these teams into victories this season we'd be ahead of Rangers and probably closer to Celtic than we were at this point last season.
    I want us to win every game and acknowledge where we lack this season.
    I was just pointing out the irony from last years posts that belittled the league placing and cited the cups as the priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Whilst I agree to an extent, SEVCO will be saying the same thing.
    They’ve lost to Livi, drawn with St J, Dundee etc too.
    Ours are more magnified as it’s the last three home games.

Our fundamental problem is we are very poor when we’re expected to start fast & take the game to the opposition.
    It’s not DM’s style.
    Never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Changed days it seems.

As a football fan you want your team to win every game. You also want to watch decent football after shelling out the guts of 400 quid a season. This season we have not had that at all. So the league does matter in that sense. Nobody wants to spend money watching dirge

Qualifying for Europe and getting knocked out before the kids are back to school doesn't go in the trophy cabinet

Our best chance of a trophy is via a cup. So I would say they are a priority over the league. But f@ck sake im sure we shouldn't be dropping points v dross like Hamilton and St Mirren at home.

As a football fan you want your team to win every game. You also want to watch decent football after shelling out the guts of 400 quid a season. This season we have not had that at all. So the league does matter in that sense. Nobody wants to spend money watching dirge

Qualifying for Europe and getting knocked out before the kids are back to school doesn't go in the trophy cabinet

Our best chance of a trophy is via a cup. So I would say they are a priority over the league. But f@ck sake im sure we shouldn't be dropping points v dross like Hamilton and St Mirren at home.
    Away for show, home for dough.

Club makes its money from the fans attending home games - this season has been dismal at home and will be reflected in poor season ticket sales next year/AberDNA uptake unless we win the Cup.

Away has been tremendous though....the drink, the banter, the non-sectarian singing.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast